August 2 - Day and Airborne St. Elijah

August 2, 1930. On the military exercises near Voronezh it was made the first landing of the parachute unit consisting of 12 people. It is from this day develops the history of airborne troops, and August 2, is considered a professional holiday of paratroopers. Over the past 79 years, the airborne troops took part in all military conflicts on the territory of the former USSR. Now these forces are considered the elite of the Russian army. The motto of "blue berets" - "No one except usĀ».
34 photos via zyalt

This time the celebration was merged with the Airborne Denya Ilyin day. In about 11 hours, when it started a religious procession on the Execution Ilinka place on Red Square already being celebrated.

Cries of "Glory Airborne" muffled speech, the clergy and the army leadership.

As usual Marines huddled in groups and actively drinking alcohol, the order almost no one was watching, a couple of policemen who tried to stop drinking very polite, were sent together.

By 12 o'clock everyone was already drunk. Many are beginning to embarrass my hair. If at the beginning of the holiday Getting to know your start with the question: "Do you generally served ?!", now if I were interested in Russian, and that the "non-Russian" my hair.

Many paratroopers offered to break my camera lens caught at his hands and offered me beat.

Then I decided it was better to have new friends. One of the troopers asked where the pictures are, I promised him to send them by e-mail, and we immediately became friends. My newly made friend flattered that he is now personal photographer, for that I freely filmed a couple of times he saved me from their aggressive friends. I began to call "our".

In the midst of the official part on Calvary was a small column. The guys decided to walk through the area.

Bykvalno after 3 minutes was swept away by the cordon and the column moved to the Execution Ground, which at this point was the bosses.

Yes, this is my new friends.

Walk with sober fellow Marines was not allowed. Although I thought it would be a fight, but they quickly calmed. Surprisingly, it was not there any police protection but, if desired, they probably would have went to the Kremlin.

Holiday meanwhile was in full swing.

In the foreground of a fist, which wanted to get my camera. Well, how can you?

My counsel.

On the right hand that nearly broke my camera. Barely held after the impact.

Demonstrations for tourists.

The shape of the Airborne Forces dressed not only children, but also dogs.

On Vasilevsky descent was a concert. At the entrance visitors I met the priest.

Marines and believers fed and watered for free.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting