Travel abandoned sanatorium

Institution-building of the sanatorium was erected back in 1935 in order to study and treatment of psychiatric disorders. In those days it was one of the most advanced institutions, not only in Europe but throughout the world. It was equipped with the latest technology and worked in it some of the best minds of the Old World. I worked sanatorium until 1980, and then was closed. The reasons for the closure could not find, alas. And for the past 30 years, the institution is closed.

43 photos + text

1. Imagine that you are driving on a typical for many European countries, the countryside, and then, on both sides of the road, swim farmland. Cars on the road virtually none. Gradually the farm and surrounding fields are replaced by thickets of trees. The road is replaced by a narrow strip of floor broken asphalt. Reduces the rate, but surely continues to move, and then frantically looking around trying not to miss a turn. And among the leaves could be seen from all sides overgrown with grass, faded from time to time, a sign with a red cross and an arrow indicating the direction of travel. I turn to the side of the road with the same broken asphalt of old age. I pass another two hundred meters and it turns around the open gate of sanatorium. I watched the left someone a wheelchair near the guard booth.

2. Pass another 50 meters and decide to leave the car and go on foot. Here it is the long awaited resort. The size of the building and the adjacent
The impressive to him!

And this is looked institute at the time of delivery of the builders.

3.Reshayu before entering the building around it on the perimeter and take some photos.

10. Finding the door through which I can get inside, notice near the entrance here is a medical device, similar to that, whether on the prosthesis, then, whether an orthopedic boot.

11. And now it's time to go inside.

20. Behind the scenes it was evening. I decide it's time to tie my journey for this place and decide lastly make a few more pictures. I translate the camera to night mode, and take a few shots on the way to the car.

28. Successfully reaching the house and how to relaxing start to understand the captured images. In anticipation of my trip to the resort,
I advance naryl in-HETE photos of those places during completion. On arrival at the resort being in the hands of a hefty wad of printed photos made 80 letnazad I planned to make a small collection of photographs of the "Then and Now." That's what happened.

Billiard before:

Billiard Now:

Gym before:

Gym is now:

General view of the resort before:

General view of the resort is now:

The main entrance before:

The main entrance is now:

Reception before:

Admissions are now:

Dining Room before:

The dining room is now:

Veranda before:

Lanai is now:

Dobavleno1 in [mergetime] 1277136696 [/ mergetime]
ALL!!!

Dobavleno1 in [mergetime] 1277136842 [/ mergetime]
P.S. This institute under the name J. Lemaire located in the Belgian town of Tombeek. Photos and comments made to him by a man named Henk van Rensbergen enjoys studying different abandoned and mystical places. According to him, this place is quite an interesting instance in terms of mysticism.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting