Near the volcano-dream ...

Writes a naturalist photographer Igor Shpilenok:

For 45 days I am inspectorates on Kronotsky airport - is the name of the tract in the Kronotsky Reserve in Kamchatka.
However, the place names in these deserted places are not very rich. The top picture shows all the place names associated with the word "Kronotsky." Cordon called Kronotsky airfield (airfield why - is a separate story), located in the Kronotsky tundra by the river Kronotsky, which is derived from the Kronotsky lake (the largest freshwater lake in Kamchatka) and empties into the Gulf of Kronotsky Pacific. Above all this splendor overlooks beautiful regular cone volcano in Kamchatka - kronotsky. 16 years ago I saw the volcano from a passing helicopter and then promised myself to come back here for a long time. I came here a few times for a period from two days to more than two months, and this place never disappoints. When I left, the volcano began to dream about me, and in those kinds of what I wanted to make it, but did not.
Now, if the plans come true, I will spend the winter here. Man proposes and God disposes, but my stock of products designed to April and May.
Most of the time I take an inspection duties: patrolling a vast territory, the collection of information for the "Nature Chronicles" preserve, repair dilapidated cordon and prepare it for the winter, in order to maintain transitional huts. But the camera is almost always with me - and already has something to show you.

5 photos

​​

My present home. Near peacefully grazing on the red bilberry bear family.

Kronotsky River in September ... in the lower left corner on the bank of the ducts, where converge the old cross-country road, visible small roof cordon.

You can get here only by helicopter ...

So you can travel through the local tundra in April-May, when winds compacted snow skis are not necessary.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting