What is it - frozen to death on the run

"I served in the railway troops, in the Krasnoyarsk region, Minusinsk and Abakan between. We were there to pour some track. We had a 66th KrAZ, the battery is only one machine. Plant this: we put one KrAZ that with the battery and it started to drag other KrAZ the taiga, on the road. He carries around 20 minutes and wound up with a pusher. He then worked as long as the engine does not spill until he died. One month stood, the other half stood. If you are stalled - all goodbye. Stalled on the track - and hello. While working in the spring, summer, autumn - well, scary. But in the winter it was terribly. Stall on the road in the forest - a horror movie. And I survived.

I served a year, already had a junior sergeant, platoon commander, and in the post production of the senior setter. And it happened that I almost stopped the car to drive. It then played a fatal role. One March evening, I was on duty at the company. Duty Squad for some reason he worked the night shift, and I had to take them with food. But it was sounding name - the food. The tank is filled with water after tea, the tank is usually not even washed, unpeeled almost rushed to the potatoes, herring black and brown species, which 20 years was somewhere in the warehouse marinated and then cooked the whole slurry. Herring with potatoes removed - it was the second, and the first - brown, black and crimson slurry. Even the bread was given. He was frozen and soggy. He chopped with an ax.

And two cans with these delicacies duty driver had to take the night shift. But the driver was so tired that I just did not realize there was nothing, not even talking. And as I sat in the room and felt fine, I decided to go and feel sorry for him. A frost were minus 35. If you spit, down came the piece of ice. [Next]

As I worked in the room and went to the track only intermittently, I was dressed in a so-called summer of Hebei. We call this form of glass, because it was actually synthetic and shone like glass. Under Steklyashka it was winter clothes, and on his feet - tarpaulin boots. In general, it was a summer clothes. All the soldiers who worked outside, working in the boots, the boots were without galoshes. Therefore, we were forbidden to warm up, standing by the fire closer than one and a half meters, because then melted snow on the boots and they became wet. Bonfires, by the way, burning around the clock. Burned dozens of tons of brand new tires for KrAZ. Yes, we have basked - tires.

In general, I sat in KrAZ and went on the road. Go to the place of deposition of soil, where they worked the guys had a little more than ten kilometers. I arrived at the place, unloaded cans, smoked a cigarette and went back. And five kilometers was slide on which it was necessary to include a lower gear. KrAZ third and fifth gears are arranged in parallel, it is easy to confuse. And I'm not driving experience - stuck fifth gear safely and immediately stalled in the middle of the taiga. Battery not. All de-energized. The machine was cool. I sat for 10 minutes - is a minus in the cockpit. And then I pierced a wild fear. In one second. I realized that I'm in her glass and linen one. I remembered as one already part of the jerk and cold, and at this point just out of the car. I have calculated that up to the trailer because of the nature of the terrain longer run. Before parts - six or seven kilometers. And ran. And I even had no caps, nothing. This glass in the cold becomes one second really like glass, so I, in fact, there was one underwear.

I was very sporty and thought quietly for an hour this six kilometers. But somehow I was running through the taiga. Imagine thence the road? It's not expensive, it's just cut through the woods and rolled gryazische which froze as frozen. It looks like a surface covered with some giant diamonds, with huge potholes, knocked machines over the years. KrAZ this road at 11 kilometers was probably two hours.

Somewhere after 40 minutes of running, I realized that I sailed specifically because not feel his legs. They were just two decks, two heaviest pieces of wood, or even a piece of iron that hit the ground. Footcloths've lost that time. But rewind I do not could, because I knew: if I stop, I skiff. Just run. Moreover, I totally froze his ears. Then I pulled his shirt out of his pants and put it on his head - just clocked up, because I realized that somehow come running without ears. I left her in my arms, in the back like that and wrapped clocked on the head, shook. And I just looked out the nose and eyes. But I had already seen the bad, because I have instead of eyes were just two snowdrifts.

I ran and ran and at some point I realized: I do not understand what is happening. Ahead I saw nothing. Consciousness includes fragments. I do not know how much time has passed, I did not know how long I ran - one hundred meters or one kilometer. The only thing I knew that part of somewhere very close, and I was still pushed forward.

Breathing became very painful. As if my chest was com - first fire, then the ice. And then I stopped feeling the larynx. And then something interesting happened with consciousness - it is undivided. There was one, very harmful, saying: "Volodya, Come let us run." And there was another soft and pleasant, good Samaritan, who said: "Everything has been. Relax. Do not worry. You will find. For you to come. You already did the trick. " And third, I was running with them. And I do not stop. Then I completely ceased to feel the body - arms or legs. I felt that I - a big body, a strange, flying somewhere.

The last thing I saw - a star. Star in the fog. But not from heaven. We at the checkpoint was light and there was some kind of barrier on which was some star. And that's what I saw. At this point I somehow knew that my mission was over, and just passed out. I passed out at the barrier, because the body has decided that I have reached the goal.

When I was still running, and consciousness mutilos, I was thinking: what parents say, say - died in the fighting duties or died a heroic death? I even had an idea: what if I give a posthumous Hero of the Soviet Union? I was 19 years old, I was raised in the Soviet Union, and the star of the hero was so coveted. Even when I was running for some reason, probably to calm recalled frogs in suspended animation: a hundred years, they are - and nothing. And I will be nothing. He remembered the baby mammoth Dima and his dogs otela trunk. Full salad was in my head. Generally I thought of cold-blooded. And it was like a movie of some sort. And then, when he fell, some seconds had seen pictures of family - and the past and the present and the future. For example, I saw a photo brother, but as if he had 70 years. The old man, but I do understand that this is it. And then - everything.

What happened next? We had kombatovoz, a soldier who went back and forth, because he had a woman somewhere. It was five in the morning, and he returned to the part. Since the road is terrible, he went slowly and painfully. And I was lying across the road, like a log. He feared that the strike, and stopped to discard the log from the road, and saw me. He took me by the collar Zavoloka quickly into a car and brought to the part.

I came to watch at 10am. Naturally, I froze all the limbs. They put me on the bed. Guys I have fallen off the blankets, wrapped, drink hot tea. Then there was pain. Everywhere. Legs. Hands. The eyes are not opened, the ears were burning. At first I did not understand, but then I saw soldiers and realized where I was. He became immediately very tormented that I punished because I went and threw for another car. I'm frostbitten, of course, all the toes and on the hands, ears, nose. Until the evening of the incident command hide, and then I was taken to Minusinsk and placed in the medical unit. I have a few days in horror waited amputated fingers. They were black. And doctors decide every day - to cut the fingers or not, and teased me Meresyev. Ears were also completely black. But with gangrene cost. I was unharmed.

Since the end of September to the end of May I wear fur boots and woolen gloves, because, even when the temperature plus 5-7, my numb fingers, feet and hands. And I do not have a T-shirt with collar. I'm wearing the suit with shirt and tie and always unbutton the top button. Otherwise impossible. I was then prescribed seven days guardhouse. But not a day I certainly never sat. Exactly 10 years later I was sergeant in the Israeli army. And there was so hot that one could die. But the heat, for me, it is better to cold ».
© Vladimir Gorbach, businessman, 46 years via esquire

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting