About cats ... (6 photos)

Tricolor Rysku our family received friends at the Kamchatka Peninsula. It so happened that I was leaving for five months in the winter Kronotsky and wife with children - in America to parents. Rysku no one to leave, and she went in a cardboard box with me in a helicopter to a hundred and fifty kilometers north of Petropavlovsk. Even in one box followed her personal baggage - stock cat food for six months.
Our house, and to be honest - old wooden shed, once built a wonderful naturalist Vitaly Nikolayenko, standing on the overgrown ancient stone birch morainic promontory that go into the tundra. Under the cape a river Quiet, teeming with fish, but for kilometer tundra breathed Pacific Ocean. In clear weather from the cape open snow-white peaks of four volcanoes: Big Semyachik, Kikhpinych, Krasheninnikova and Kronotskii.
I insulate the shed and brought Isover Lining, cut off the roof, installed a new burzhujku and pipe - in general, turned the barn in evrosaray. Gather firewood, remade decrepit bridge over ice-stream. Cat during this time destroyed all voles and shrews underground.
In Ryski had a habit to wake me an hour before sunrise. Each fine morning we were the first in Russia to meet the sunrise over the ocean. I'm stoked burzhujku, brewed coffee, fried eggs the first month in lard; and then when I ran out of eggs, baked pancakes. The smell of bacon was Narcotic reserved for local foxes, dozens of generations that do not know what is hunting them. In the morning they had previously come to the cabin to enjoy a delicious smell. They even fought for the right to stand closer to the window cabin that not only smell, but also to see the fat!

It was then Ryska and showed his character. She herself, spoiled cat food, do not eat any fat or stew, or crushed voles and shrews it - all their prey, until the last tail, she proudly brought me to report. But to fox sniffing master's fat !!! Such arrogance and unscrupulousness Ryska they could not afford!

Within a radius of 50 meters from the house she lioness rushed fox! There was a case that frightened Patrikeevna she drove to the inclined tree. She tried to attack even passing by bears. Those are not very afraid of her, but it's still added step ...
I began to shoot foxes Rysku for the family album. After returning to the mainland, the wife took and sent one of the pictures in London, at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition - a contest in which victory - a peak in the career of any photographer shooting wildlife. And take a picture and won in the category «Urban and Garden Wildlife».

This is my second victory in the competition in this category. The first victory was three years ago - is also a picture of the home of the album! This will be a separate story. Here's some irony: rented in one of the wildest places on the planet and win in the category of 'wilderness in the city and garden. " But anyway - thank Ryska! And Respect!
Ryska now lives with us in the Bryansk Forest. Also wakes me up every day for an hour before dawn, though sometimes I would be happy exceptions. Here are just a few foxes here and they are fearful ...

shpilenok

Tags

See also

New and interesting