Living on the Wal-Mart parking lots

In the US, there are thousands of supermarkets "Wal-Mart" in parking lots next to which you can stay in the campers. This led to the formation of entire camps. Writer and photographer from Brooklyn Nolan Conway for three weeks visiting those parking in Arizona and met with the people who live in their cars next to a supermarket.

This Caleb Hooker Craig Austin, Texas. He is an artist who travels on his motorcycle and has already made the journey at 11 000 miles. "Once I went to Walmart and met an elderly man who offered him a drink of wine. He allowed me to stay for the night between his truck and camper. »

"My wife kicked me out because I'm an alcoholic," says Sel.

For the past seven years, Joe Torpey live in the woods, at the Wal-Mart parking lot. Because of back problems for a while it was difficult to find a job. "This machine saved my life," he says, sitting in his Ford Taurus 1988 release. The strongest strah- be it on the street, if his car breaks down.

Captain John checks the shock absorber on the recently acquired campers. His mother offered to buy him a house, but he refused. After he lost his job the captain of a merchant ship, he worked at various unusual jobs and lived in vans.

Dave Gooding, Liz Deno and their dog Shaggy went from Georgia and now are sent to Montana. "In these travels can be found a lot of good people willing to be happy to help," says Liz.

Steven Pike with his girlfriend Christina just traveling through the states, they have no final destination.

Sheldon and Jackie Britton sent to Milwaukee for 110 anniversary of Harley Davidson. & quot; This van is an entire dressing room and even service of Chinese porcelain in case to us to look away & quot ;, says Jackie.

This roving musicians, traveling with his dog. This way of life enables them to "do what you want and not worry about paying bills».

Dzh.D.Dzhilki travels the country in search of their relatives. He spent the night at the Wal-Mart parking about 500 times. "At Christmas in 2011, we had about 9 people in the parking lot in Albuquerque. I hung a sign on every door with an invitation to look in the morning and we had a real festive breakfast. »

Arter Ellis bought the school bus on ebay for $ 2500 / He goes from California home- in Fairfield, Texas.

"These are the best years of my life," says retired Leroy Morris. He lives in a van with his dog Maggie. He spends the summer at the Wal-Mart parking lots in Flagstaff and winter, in southern Arizona ...

& quot; We decided to sell all our possessions and go in search of our American Dream & quot ;, says Josiane Simpson. She, along with her husband Jared Holfelttsem and their son Gabriel live in the car.

Al Van Abbema sold his house and now lives in a van. In the summer months, he travels across the United States, where there are mountains.

Jack Spano and Dawn Lovinghud veteran from the Colorado Army during a visit to a military hospital in Flagstaff, Arizona

Rick Keller 75 years and he says he lives in a camper, not because he had no money. & quot; Actually I live in the woods and come on weekends to Walmart for groceries. I pray that God will give me the opportunity to live another day, because this is an amazing time. & Quot;

Will Buffy develops bodies for trucks. Despite the fact that he has a house, he prefers to spend most of the time in one of its three mobile homes.

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img17--

Source: www.businessinsider.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting