Mazda MPV: a barrel of honey with a spoon of tar

I never thought that I would become a driver of a minivan. The first car bought back in 2005. It was quite fresh at that time Volkswagen Polo Classic 2000 release. Car pleased, and the idea that one day will have to change it to something else, had not occurred. And change the "Polycom" in the minivan ... Never! However, the November 5, 2008, my life changed very cool - I had three daughters.

The problem of choice

The first year of the life of Tatiana, Yelena and Anna we got along Volkswagen Polo. Children made their first test drive in March 2009. Naturally, all were in the cradle-carrying. It was during that trip, looking at his wife huddled between two cradles in the back seat, I first thought that it would be time to look for the car povmestitelney. Conceived and forgotten ...

And so it went until January 2010, when the threat of raising customs duties has become very apparent. That's when I got on and started Onliner.by choose. Now I do not remember exactly, and why chose the Mazda MPV from the US market. I only remember that at first looked in the direction of the family Dodge Caravan / Chrysler Voyager. However, they have not liked me archaic 4-step "automatic". Operating experience Polo I knew four assists for the machine is not enough. Therefore, I decided to take the Mazda MPV is not older than 2002's. From this year on the model began to put the 3-liter V6 engine capacity of 200 liters. from. from Ford and 5-step "automatic". B mid-February 2010, I ordered a Mazda MPV in the maximum configuration ES. And time stood still ...

Within three weeks, there are no proposals from the American dealer were received. He said that the Mazda MPV is in this configuration - a very rare specimen. And those he came across were either very "tired" state or rusty. As a result, I decided to lower the bar to the middle complete LX.

In less than a week, as was proposed a good option, which, after some hesitation, I agreed. The car was 2002's, although sold to the first and only owner in April 2003. Run the car was almost 106,000 miles. Avtochek, sent to US dealers, it was clean and perfect.

The next day I made a bank transfer, and from 7600. e. US dealers have gone well. I must say that the next 1 to 5 months of life were quite alarming. Anyone who makes a purchase machines from the United States, I understand. The only thing that calmed a little, it's impeccable reputation in Minsk Onliner.by partner American dealer.

Posted in [mergetime] 1349723690 [/ mergetime]
After a couple of weeks after buying the car I decided to buy and Carfax. And never regretted - Carfax upon my Mazda MPV was very big. In addition to records of vehicle inspection and registration there were records of virtually every one that passed the car. In my arms was the information about when the oil, replace the spark plugs, ignition coil, brake discs and pads, maintenance automatic transmission and much more.

The first acquaintance

The car came to a temporary storage warehouse in Zhdanovichy approximately 1, 5 months. And though it was the peak load, I had to prepare all the documents in one day, and came to the warehouse about 9:00 left in the car home around 18:00.

What especially pleased because this is how easily and naturally the car wound up after a long journey across the ocean.

Behind the wheel, I immediately started to get acquainted with the controls and interior. Yes, I bought the car blindly! Until that day, I never went to the Mazda MPV. Even the passenger. At the time of the order I had neither the strength nor the time to walk around the market and arrange test drives. What was the cause? In fact, I had three reasons and 15 months of sleepless nights.

Beauty and pitiful semblance options

From the beginning, it was very unusual to cope with "poker". Hand always instinctively ran to the space between the front seats. However, after a couple of weeks, I was so used to it that "Polikey" who stayed with us in the family of the second car, started to pull the steering wheel to shift gears. Although designers still made a mistake with "poker". If it is set to D, it overshadows the power button on the air conditioner, and as a result can not see, it works or not. Most of all, I was just "lucky" and this effect is observed only at a certain position of the driver's seat and growth driver.

Very pleased with the high seating - sit high, I looked away. It's about the MPV. Buttons on the dashboard is not such a large number, it was impossible to find an answer to the question of what they intended. LX SKU does not involve many amenities that could be ES (leather interior, power sliding doors, power seats, air conditioning for third-row passengers). My copy was deprived of options in principle.

Amenities - is air conditioning, cruise control, audio control on the steering wheel, tinted rear, or roof bars, and ... everything. In addition to a huge number of cupholders (there are as many as 11, which is more than the seats in the cabin), the car does not boast.

Interior velor. There is nothing good or bad about the quality and the entire interior decoration of the car I can not say. Plastic does not cause irritation, drawers and trays, which, like any other machine of this class, in excess, are opened and closed without a problem.

Seven seats are placed in the cabin with a margin. Once I had to take a ride on the third row of seats between the two child seats. I expected that I would sit in a vise. However, to my surprise, I was with my height is 176 cm and very slender physique is not much discomfort experienced. Generally, legroom second and third rows are more than enough.

If desired, a third row of seats can be folded into the trunk niche and get a flat floor. And if you still get the second-row seat, you get the luggage compartment is very impressive size. Unfortunately, the possibility of transformation of interior in this almost exhausted. However, you can still move one of the seats of the second row from side to side, thus ensuring a comfortable fit on the third row of seats.

Let's go?

As I said, on the Mazda MPV 2002 release put proven 3-liter V6 from the Ford capacity of about 200 liters. from. Together with him are 5-step "automatic". In the motor circuit is, so that the problems associated with a torn timing belt, MPV owners will not get any. The resource engine is very large. It belongs to the class of "neubivaemy" that with proper care calm "nursed" for half a million kilometers to overhaul. Although if you pour 80th gasoline (as do many of our countrymen), then sooner or later there will be problems.

In my opinion, Suspension MPV combines incongruous. On the one hand, while driving, I feel all the bumps in the road, indicating that the stiffness of the suspension. On the other hand, during sudden maneuvers the machine is strong enough swings, indicating that the softness of the suspension. In any case, when on board three daughters and beloved wife, you do not want to hurry. There is a desire simply comfortable ride. With this MPV does well.

Overview I can not think of a good one. Still a bit too wide A-pillars. But the high seating position for which I had to get used to a bit compensates for this drawback.

Noise is also not up to par. The city does not interfere with the sound of the engine and ride quite comfortably. However, when driving on the road even at 90 km / h still have to strain the voice, if you want to communicate with the passengers of the second row. But in the long-distance road can not be afraid to go to overtake. Engine and gearbox working smoothly and without problems will accelerate the car, even when fully loaded.

A machine that makes smile

After the first test drive I, like any other newly-born car owner, wanted to see what state the hood space by my MPV. Open the hood, I saw this:

Most likely, the owner of a car or a master at service stations broke mount headlight low beam. Repair had neither the strength nor the time. Therefore, fixing a broken backed piece of cardboard. I always knew that the Americans, like Sting sang, the same as we are. This finding has only confirmed my opinion. I deliberately did not repaired the broken mount, as holding a light bulb cardboard very well and as well makes smile.

The second time the car forced to smile in the summer, when I decided to make the capital clean interior and at the same time lubricate the rails, which goes to the second row seat. Having examined the room, I found a few sweets, a variety of small toys and a pencil. Obviously, this car in America belonged to a large family that traveled a lot. Toys (which were not in very good condition) and I threw candy. But the pencil has found its place in the glove compartment and travels there to this day, recalling the former owners.

Once a year I again do major cleaning of the cabin, I realized that American children were much more accurate than mine. So blame the Americans for the neglect of the salons of their cars, I would not.

Do you like to skate, love, and money to pay

Machine in very good condition. Inspection I went the first time and without any additional investment. For more than two years of operation were replaced (for the convenience of prices will result in US $):

01.06.2010 - Two-belt belt Gates worth $ 15 and $ 5 (changed to prevent, to think about them).

15.01.2011 - oil, coolant, cabin filter.

28.03.2011 - oil, air and cabin air filters.

01.05.2011 - candles (the original, about $ 7 each) and three ignition coils ($ 30). Coils changed for prevention. The fact that access to three further candle is very complicated (it is necessary to remove the collector) and coil this engine - a weak point, often fail due to overheating. That is why the old coil and changed with new ones. Now the trunk are three serviceable replacement b / u of the coil.

03.06.2011 - Stand the front stabilizer. This is also a weak spot in the MPV. Working together with spare parts from an authorized dealer has cost about $ 55.

01.07.2012 - oil in the automatic transmission.

In the last operation I would like to elaborate. Long could not decide where and, most importantly, how to change the oil in the box. Long time strained as a result of Google and came across a very interesting way. As a result, changing the oil directly to the holiday in the countryside. The process was not easy, but very simple. I spent a total of 30-40 minutes, and was almost completely new fluid in automatic transmission. Official same service could offer only a partial substitute, which does not suit me.

17.09.2012 - front disc brakes (TRW, $ 80 a pair) and brake pads (TRW, $ 40). Also I had to completely go through slides (about $ 110).

In two years, the car proved to be quite simple and unpretentious service. Plant in any frost. I never refused to go (three times fie).

And of course, about the expense. Mileage at purchase was 105,783 miles. Now on the odometer - 118,953 miles. During this time, the car "ate" about 3040 liters of gasoline 92. Some simple calculations give an average rate of about 14, 5 liters per 100 kilometers. I must say that if the summer consumption drops to 12-13 liters per hundred in the city and 10 on the highway, in the winter the city machine "ate" all 17-18 liters per 100 kilometers. For me as a predictable expense for not the easiest car with a 3-liter petrol engine. Thus, a 75-liter tank lasts an average of 500 kilometers.

Many owners MPV put gas in this motor. It puts it with a bang, but I did not dare, because the gas tank takes up most of the trunk.

The Achilles heel of

After buying one forumchanin I heard the opinion that «Mazda - a Japanese Opel». Oh, he was right. In the car, I was happy with everything - simple chain drive and simple suspension, automatic transmission unpretentious, spacious interior, the trunk volume. But the body ...
The front door pockets of rust had been when the car arrived in Minsk. Naturally, I tried to fight this scourge. And ... useless. Rust continues to eat up the door. According to experts, in such a struggle man will never come out the winner. Climb the forums owners MPV, I realized that I was still very lucky. In my car a little rusty only the lower edge of the front door, but at other corrosion damaged hood, sliding doors, frame doors, rear door, tube conditioner of the third row. In short, everything they could get.

For me, after the "Polycom", which is now at age 12 is still in very good shape, it was a very unpleasant surprise. But as the proverb says, "if you can not change the situation - change your attitude to it." I stopped paying attention to rust. Not worth the experience. The time will come, I will solve the problem dramatically - replacing doors.

For more than two years of operation, and more than 20 000 km of run the car has never been a headache - always factory, never refused to go. Children easily get into the car to go there (child seats are comfortable and leg room is more than enough children) in and out. Operation is quite acceptable. If Minsk Mazda dealer has in stock a new MPV, I would seriously consider buying such a model in the cabin. The only thing that upset, because this body. But for me it is no longer a problem. The car - it's just a machine, nothing more. Yes, it helps in everyday life, but to think and experience necessary for the children, not for her.

Source: www.onliner.by

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting