Tavi Gevinson

Girl 14 years has proven to the world that it is not in the age and talent. The first entry in her famous blog The Style Rookie appeared in the spring of 2008 when she was only 11 years old. Now her blog is read by more than 50 000 people, and the audience is not only teenagers, but also serious artists. A year after the beginning of the diary she became interested, and she became so famous that the designers personally invited her on the show, giving it a place in the front ranks.

Prior to the creation of your blog I was reading the other and wanted to develop his own style. I wanted to create a space where I could share ideas and inspiration. I love collages. If you think it necessary, I express my opinion on the various sobytiy.

But it is not so simple. Some suspect that Tavi Gevinson - well propiarenny product fake some professional fashion. Judge for yourself, in the 11 years old girl, who grew up in a family of a school teacher and artist, had never been in contact with fashion, began to write in my blog publications, articles, analyzes of various events in the world of fashion. Girl, do not have extensive knowledge of the history of fashion, subtly draws parallels with the past. She picks up the features and differences, brings them to the fore.
Although funny at first because I'm not really interested in fashion. I always liked to work, but I was more interested in the theater. While in fashion, too, have certain theatricality. I never thought about his own style of clothing. For me, it's all very novo.Lyudi write: "Notice how well it is written. To write so it was necessary to see everything with my own eyes, to be able to touch, try on, to see things in person, rather than in the photos on stayl.kom or feshnspot. " Well, it's only an opinion.

Tavi talks easily and ironic at the same time seriously and quite critical. She is not afraid to express a negative opinion about the collections, but also to praise the fact that you liked, did not consider it shameful.
People often are afraid to say what they think. I react only if I feel it's important. Indeed, in the world of fashion it comes a lot of things that are considered to be more important, but I'm not going to discuss them, if I do not call themselves tak.Tavi evil narcissist, and the lovely girl, open and very educated. Critics predict her fame Anna Wintour. Everyone is really interesting that the rise of the girls! A supporter of the idea Fake important when the product falls apart.
Dear Prada Fall 2009! Shoes are stunning, stunning, stunning! You - the best thing that happened to Milan with some historical events occurred there, which I should like to know, but I do not know. I'm awfully tired of all these feminine and sophisticated women we see on the catwalks each fall. I do not yet a woman, but already tired of the advance to be it.

In addition, the girl has a special and unique style. It puts an unexpected image in crazy outfits. As she says Gevinson, she just loves to pull stuff out of the cabinet and put it on yourself.
Today in Chicago hot day, and I put on three head ornaments, three skirts, my favorite shirt, which is good to avoid soiling and socks with kablukami.Prichem girl believes that smells and stains has its romance, and do not get upset if any little thing suddenly stained.
Tavi defines his style as a mix of Iggy Pop, 80's, H & M, the Japanese fashion and evil characters from fairy tales. As for the attitude of classmates to her style? Tavi responds rather cynically:
Many of them started normally react to it, simply because Teen Vogue wrote, it was cool, but not because they really think that my style is cool.

Others say that Tavi - old juvenile. Especially struck all her hair color from past shows - ash.

By the way, about that bow editor of the magazine «Grazia» displeasure responded in his blog: "It bothered me the whole show!". Apparently, the editor was offended that some Tavi was given a front row seat, and she - only the second.

I'm not looking for any particular style. I like to experiment and change. Last year, I wanted to wear a hat with feathers, I liked the "grandma" style. Now I like the image of the witch.

Tavi fond of black lipstick, imbued the film The Virgin Suicides, it began to attract the church theme. This style I like much more!
My friend has a hairdresser, and she found the color. I do not know how she made it. At first it was a vibrant red, but then came a shade. I like the result. Color, like my old tufel

Tavi puts a lot of photos to my blog! Brands (yes there brands names of local shops), some of the things a girl does not hide, but Gevinson openly says that he thinks if she posted some little thing in his blog - it will run immediately to buy.

If you have not read the blog Tavi, we can briefly say what the girl is writing. On vacation, how he does not want the summer ended, about school, "The Virgin Suicides". Upload photos of their images, rooms and lovely trinkets.

You may ask, what about fashion? Why is she now writes about her? The girl, who stylized shoot for the magazine BlackBook, collaborated with the American Harper's Bazaar, LOVE, New York Times, was a writer on a commercial flavor «Le Viol de la Meduse» starring Julia Restoin-Roitfeld for Six Scents, is simply obliged to write about it! But everything went. A report issued in March this year, the post Tavi recognized that disappointed the fashion industry, constant hypocrisy boring collections and finally, unfair dismissal of John Galliano.
Perhaps it is time to my blog a little bit away from fashion. It would be depressing if, within three years, I was obsessed with fashion only, is not it?

However, boring Tavi says not all of the collection. She has favorite designers:
Marc Jacobs, of course. It is like Proenza Schouler and Mulleavy, Rodarte. I love Vivienne Westwood and Phoebe Philo. Also I love the Belgians: Dries Van Noten, Walter Van Beirendonck and Raf Simons. I like designers slightly "out of this world" who do not spend time trying to explain their work, even though most of their information about fashion, I have taken out of interneta.Tavi Genson Anna Wintour

With John Galliano

With Marc Jacobs

Brian Boehm

Yohji Yamamoto With

With Karl Lagerfeld

With Radom Hourani

However, the talented blogger Cobiralas not so easy to go into the shadows. As early as next Monday will start her new Internet project - electronic magazine Rookie (rookiemag.com). Content on the site will be prepared in accordance with the theme of the month. The theme of the first month - "Start» («Beginnings»). According to the site editor Emily Condon, the materials will be sufficiently diversified, but equal treatment on the theme of returning to school and all the "first».

Links:
- Rookiemag.com - electronic magazine
- Thestylerookie.com - blog
- Twitter.com/tavitulle - twitter

Tags

See also

New and interesting