Face to face

Scottish filmmaker Gordon Buchanan (Gordon Buchanan) - one of the best operators in the world of wildlife. He shot the lions and hyenas in Africa, tigers in India, the first shot of the Asian leopard in Sri Lanka. Director of Photography BBC series "Diary of a wild cat» («Big Cat Diary»). The director has not only successfully worked behind the camera, but copes with the role of the lead in the frame. This time, Buchanan went to the island of Spitsbergen - Arctic archipelago, located in the Arctic Ocean. The main goal of the director was to document the lives of three polar bears.

Bear mother named Lyra and her two cubs - Mikey and Luke became the objects of his attention for three seasons. Working in a cube made of plexiglass (acrylic), the operator is able to very close contact with animals that roam the cold, snowy ground.

Buchanan has once again proved that to get unprecedented footage of wild animals is possible. Although it is very dangerous. Together with his team, Gordon survived freezing winds, severe storms, and a sharp drop in temperature. And most importantly able to overcome the fear of close contact with the polar bears, survived the attack on the female cell.

He managed to remove the animals in their natural habitat. The result is a film consisting of three series, titled "A polar bear family and I».

The director shares his impressions:

Polar bears are different - no doubt she wanted me to dinner. She was so persistent, looking for the weak point of my hiding for almost 45 minutes. I was terrified and you could hear my heart into the microphone. It really was a sensational moment and alarming situation. This is the most difficult situation in which I found myself, and most strashnaya.

Screening of the film "Polar Bear Family and Me" is planned for the BBC2 channel starting from 7 January for three nights.

Tags

See also

New and interesting