Hayao Miyazaki

Legendary film director, gave the world Totoro, Spirited Away, Howl Wandering Castle and many other paintings, announced his retirement from the animation.

His cartoons - is not what we are accustomed to understand the word "anime" - is not a typical mass Japanese animation. Do your Miyazaki, over the years formed a style of his films and the fantastic and realistic at the same time, and subjects affecting the deepest humanistic ideas. At the Venice Film Festival outstanding Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki presented his new cartoon "The wind grows stronger," and announced his retirement. The director has long threatened to leave the animation and three of his previous works were treated as a will, but every time the world sighed with relief - the master is. But not at this time.

Future cartoonist was born January 5, 1941. Hayao was the second of four sons in a family of Miyazaki's father - the director of the company for the production of aircraft engines, the mother - a beautiful, educated woman.

High school students, he saw the cartoon "Legend of White Snake" production studio Toei. The impression of moving pictures-images of overturned a lifetime of future multiplier. But the young Hayao went not to the artist or designer - he successfully graduated from university with a degree in "Political Science and Economics».

Animation did not release all Hayao, and he attended a circle reading of fairy tales. Since the author was awarded an impressive store of knowledge about the legends, epics, legends and myths.

"Animation - it's not when you take a pencil and draw a smooth, correct line. Animation - when you're trying to find the line that is hidden inside of you ».

"I should not talk about it" - confessed to the President of the studio «Walt Disney» Michael Eisner - "but" Totoro "has long been a favorite film of my children. It has some difficult to define the magic words. Before the film was released on video in the United States, my home was his cassette in Japanese. Once they found her kids. Although it was not clear Japanese dialogue, the film fascinated them. I can not count how many times they watched it ».

One day, in an interview with novelist Ryu Murakami, Miyazaki long tried to explain that draws girls not because a pedophile, but because a grown man can not in principle be the hero of any story, in fact, faced with evil, he is always looking for someone to shoot off his head, and this is - a vicious path.

"Of course, we have at the studio and the computer department. But I always tell them: "Try to work sloppy, do not aspire to the perfect lines. We're here to build a secret, but the secret is never perfect ».

2001 to Hayao Miyazaki and the whole world saw the film "Spirited Away." This colorful and exotic tale about the adventures of a ten-year girl in a magical world, but Miyazaki and then remains true to himself, trying to make the audience got not only joy, but also for the benefit of their worldview.

The film "Spirited Away" was a resounding success in Japan and quite incredible abroad: Award at Berlin Film Festival, and later the "Oscar" in the category "best animated film."

The last five years of the Japanese animator waiting the most savage and violent fantasies - in general they he strong. But the light appeared realistic biography of Jiro Horikoshi aircraft. There Jiro - not a fairy-tale hero, but a real person, awkward, a faulty, often unhappy, mad devotee sky. But this is hardly a picture to be taken only as a biopic about a historical figure. Miyazaki always looking deeper - aviation here as animation, lets break the boundaries of space and, finally, to make perhaps the most perilous journey - into the depths of his own soul.

Wandering Castle Howl, 2004.

Spirited Away, 2001.

Castle in the Sky, 1989.

Princess Mononoke, 1997.

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, 1984.

Source: www.mem-it.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting