The giant salt mine

In Romania, there are several large salt mines. Over the past few decades, the mines began to be used not only for the extraction of salt, but also as a place of recreation for local residents.

It is said that breathing salty moist air mines is very useful for light, so people are happy to come here for the whole day, not only healthier, but also to chat with friends, play in something like table tennis or billiards, and just have fun. Usually, when people talk about the Romanian salt caves have in mind the most untwisted or Pride mine Slanic Moldova. About Salina Turda, despite her crazy coolness, strangely enough, in Russian did not find any sensible information. So we can assume this post a little more, and a guide (and a guide to action, haha!). In general, the number of people who attended that day in the mine, you can see that despite the tremendous amount of work on the restoration, carried out in recent years on the promotion of resources for some reason is not enough. And very sorry. It is evident that took a lot of strength, the designers worked perfectly, and lights just beyond praise.

So mine is located in the small town of Turda, 35 km from the largest city of Transylvania - Cluj-Napoca. The town itself is nothing but Salina is not remarkable, though, and has a well preserved historical center. I have a viewing thereof enough for half an hour. Of which about 15 minutes I was eating a pretzel with poppy seeds on their central square.

Entrance to the mine. It looks pretty unremarkable. Nothing, as they say, no signs! :) As it turned out, the entrance to the cave two. Old, which is an entirely different place, and the new - this. Our navigator stubbornly paved the way to the old entrance, so it was decided to turn it off and starting from the entrance to Turda, guided pointers.

Entrance fee 20 lei (about 4, 5 euros) and we get down inside.

Unlike many of these mines, where it is necessary to descend into an organized group or in special cable car, or by bus in Salina everywhere are moving at its two that pleased me personally.

After a long corridor we leave, finally, on the upper level of the main hall. Hall in size just a giant, with unusual lighting, making it look like a room in a salt mine, and the place of filming of a sci-fi movie.

Downstairs there is a full stadium, where you can play both football and table tennis. The people on this day, as I said, it was quite a bit, so everything is empty.

A small amphitheater with a retractable screen, projector and sound system. By the way, as it turned out, the mine can be rented entirely for any events - celebrations, ceremonies, weddings, graduations and other things. I do not know how the service is popular, but a good idea.

Match to the elevator, which went down.

View of the mine below.

Main feature - a Ferris wheel on which you can ride for a nominal amount of 1 euro.

Since people come here for the whole day, they need something to do. These guys were playing pool, there are still a number of mini-golf. Seniors come mainly from the newspapers and just sit on benches, reading, school children doing homework. The temperature in the mine the whole year is kept at 10-12 degrees, so there is also a good idea to spend time hiding from the summer heat.

Then we pass to the next room and go down to podzemenomu salt lake with an island and a boat dock in the midst of it.

The bridge to the island and dome shaft.

Though the lake itself is small, and there is not much razvernёshsya, the fact that you yourself plyvёsh boat at a depth of 100 meters under the ground, is simply amazing! Rent a boat costs 10 lei (€ 2) for 20 minutes.

The view from the island towards the main hall. In fact, what people look tiny, standing at the top, you can see how enormous scale.

Downstairs there are several pavilions with a rather interesting futuristic illumination.

Let us swim! Forms already directly from the water.

Then walk a little more here and there, we threw a farewell glance at the lake and a deserted island, and went upstairs to the sun and heat.

Source: spatari.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting