The beauty of the salt mines (31 photos)

In this collection are pictures of salt mines around the world, over the water and under the ground.
Salt creates amazing scenery, caves, and the whole lake.
Many places even have become very popular among tourists.

1. One of the colorful salt basins in Uyuni salt lake, which is part of a pilot plant of lithium salts, located at an altitude of 3656 meters above sea level, which owns the world's largest reserves of lithium, in the southwest of Bolivia, November 5, 2012 (Reuters / David Mercado)

2. Aerial view of the pool salt and technological areas Soquimich lithium mine in the Atacama salt plateau, the second largest salt plateau in the world, the Atacama Desert in northern Chile, January 10, 2013 (Reuters / Ivan Alvarado)

3. The pond of salt water in the salt mine in Nemokon, Cundinamarca, Colombia, November 22, 2012 80-meter shaft with a more than 500-year history has become a new tourist destination in Colombia. (Eitan Abramovich / AFP / Getty Images)

4. Tourists visit the Chapel of St. Kinga in Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krakow, Poland, 15 December 2011. According to the data of the Supervisory Board of the Wieliczka Salt Mine, the historic mine extends for a total of 300 km and functioned continuously since the Middle Ages until 1996, When hydrochloric cushion completely ceased to be used. The mine, which is included in the list of cultural and natural heritage of UNESCO, is now used for tourism and recreational purposes, as well as a museum. (Reuters / Kacper Pempel)

5. Two employees of the Federal Office for Radiation Protection are in the storage room 7 in the former salt mine in Asse Remlingene, Germany, Wednesday 24 June 2009 The former mine is used as a deep geological repository for radioactive waste. (AP Photo / Joerg Sarbach)

6. Work goes through the salt mines of Maras pool in Cuzco, Peru, July 3, 2009 Mines Maras have been a source of salt since the ancient pre-Inca civilizations, and is currently made up of 3,000 small pools carved into the side of a mountain in the Urubamba Valley in countries Andean region of Cusco. (Reuters / Enrique Castro-Mendivil)

7. Salt pools in the mines of Maras in Cusco, Peru, February 17, 2010 (Reuters / Enrique Castro-Mendivil)

8. A tourist takes pictures inside the Salt Mine Pride 350 km north of Bucharest, March 4, 2013 Part of the mine, located at a depth of 160 meters and 1, 3 km from the entrance, is open to tourists, and is also used as a place of treatment respiratory diseases such as bronchitis or asthma, since it has a high degree of ionization of air and atmospheric pressure is higher than on the surface. (Reuters / Radu Sigheti)

9. The salt layers are reflected in the waters of inland lakes in Turda salt mine in the town of Turda (450 km north-west of Bucharest), December 9, 2010 One of the most important salt mines in Transylvania, central Romania, Salina Turda has been known since ancient times but it was put into operation for underground mining during the Romanesque period. (Daniel Mihailescu / AFP / Getty Images)

10. A small dock on the lake at the bottom of the salt mine in the town of Turda Turda, Romania, December 9, 2010 (Daniel Mihailescu / AFP / Getty Images)

11. Aerial view of the salt field Palibelo village, on the outskirts of Bima, Sumbawa Island of Indonesia, November 22, 2012 (Reuters / Beawiharta)

12. Salt Bowl Danakil in Ethiopia, close to the volcano Dallol, November 29, 2004 Dallol is unique in the world because it is the only volcano located below sea level in the Danakil Depression, also known as the Afar - one of the hottest places in the world where temperature sun sometimes exceed 60 degrees Celsius. (Reuters / Michel Laplace-Toulouse)

13. The caravan of camels walking on the edge of the salt in the bowl Danakil Depression in Ethiopia, close to the volcano Dallol, November 29, 2004 (Reuters / Michel Laplace-Toulouse)

14. People collect blocks of salt from the salt bowl Danakil in Ethiopia, January 29, 2007 Generations of merchants Afar hauling blocks of salt along the routes treacherous camel caravan from depression to the highlands of Tigray. (Reuters / Michel Laplace-Toulouse)

15. Tourists are guarded by local police, visited formation of sulfur and mineral salts by ascending the volcano Dallol sources of January 29, 2007 (Reuters / Michel Laplace-Toulouse)

16. Mountain biker competes in the 21's "extreme mountain race," November 17, 2007 in «Glueck Auf», the former salt mine in Zondershauzen, Germany. About 50 athletes participated in the competition at a depth of 800 meters, where the temperature reaches 30 degrees Celsius and the humidity is only 20%. Jens-Ulrich Koch / AFP / Getty Images)

17. Salt waterfall in the salt mine Nemokon, September 26th, 2012 Mine is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Colombia. (Reuters / Jose Miguel Gomez)

18. Donbass Symphony Orchestra of the Austrian Kurt Schmid plays chamber Salt Mine - the depth of 300 meters, length of 120 meters and a vault height of 30 meters - during a concert in Soligorsk, Donetsk region, October 2, 2004 concert was organized in the mine because of its good acoustics. (Sergei Supinsky / AFP / Getty Images)

19. Crystal salt in the form of heart, lit from within, in a salt mine Nemokon in Colombia, September 26, 2012 (Reuters / Jose Miguel Gomez)

20. Workers are busy at the factory for the production of salt in the district Nangqian, in northwest China's Qinghai Province, July 24, 2007 (Reuters / Simon Zo)

21. Pools colored mineral water collected at the salt plateau in pits dug in the collection of salt, on the coast of Senegal, near the border with Gambia, June 12, 2006. Women gather the salt by hand in 50 kg bags, which sell for about $ 2 and traded with neighboring Gambia and Mauritania, where salt is used mainly for the preservation of fish in areas where there is no electricity. (Reuters / Finbarr O'Reilly)

22 miners are in a salt mine Polkowice-Sieroszowice in Polkowice, near Lubin, Poland, July 29, 2011 (Reuters / Kacper Pempel)

23. Part of the sculptures from salt "Last Supper" is shown in the chapel of St. Kinga in Wieliczka Salt Mine near Krakow, Poland, 15 December 2011 (Reuters / Kacper Pempel)

24. A woman walks through the salt plateau, collecting white crystals near the village Ngae-Ngae, 10 km south from the northern Senegalese city of St. Louis, April 9, 2007, about 3,000 people, mostly women, spend long hours under the blinding sun, collecting salt with sticks and hands, earning the equivalent of a dollar or two a day. (Reuters / Finbarr O'Reilly)

25. Trucks traveling between the ponds of the manufacturing facility Dampier Salt Limited company Rio Tinto in Port Hedland, about 1,600 kilometers north of Perth, Australia, May 26, 2008 (Reuters / Tim Wimborne)

26. Wessel underground lake in the salt mine of Wieliczka, July 10, 2007 in Poland. (Janek Skarzynski / AFP / Getty Images)

27. Abid - worker, covered with powdered salt, poses for photos during the cutting of rock salt for decoration in Khewra, Pakistan, August 4, 2007 Salt Mines Khewra second largest in the world. (Reuters / Adrees Latif)

28. The 36-year-old Mohammad Shabbir putting the finishing touches to the sculpture of the rock salt on the outskirts of Lahore, Pakistan, June 29, 2011 (Reuters / Mani Rana)

29. Workers are building a hotel from salt blocks in the Salar de Uyuni, the largest salt desert in the world in the southwest of Bolivia, July 14, 2007 (Reuters / Jose Luis Quintana)

30. A visitor offers prayers in the mosque of salt bricks in the centuries-old salt mine Khewra Pakistan March 30, 2010 The centuries-old salt mine offers the experimental treatment of allergic asthma, attracting patients from all over the world. The clinic claims that asthma patients and people suffering from other respiratory diseases, benefit from inhaling antibacterial salt particles in a sterile environment that helps loosen mucus and clear the lungs. (AP Photo / B.K. Bangash)

31. The son of a worker plays the salt plateau near Bhavnagar in the western Indian state of Gujarat, March 5, 2009 (Reuters / Arko Datta)

Source: bigpicture.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting