A friend came to me all in tears, I thought that her fiance had offended her, but it turned out wrong

A few days ago a friend came to see me. She’s all in tears, she can’t find any room for herself. When I opened the door, at first I didn’t believe it: this is the same Olenka who divorced her alcoholic husband and went to Italy to earn money and build a happy life. Our last conversations on the phone were very spicy: we discussed what passion is at 50 years old. After all, my friend returned to her homeland for a reason - to get married.

Unsplash My first thought was that God forbid her fiancé had offended her in some way. And it’s even strange: Olga is a strong woman, she raised two daughters almost single-handedly and built her life anew. I've never seen her so upset. It turned out that it was just the matter of his own daughters. And the future husband is gold.

What is passion at 50 years old? To be honest, I don’t know how to help in this situation. I have never had children and I don’t know anything about the trials of motherhood. But I’ve known Olya’s girls from the cradle and loved them as if they were my own. We used to celebrate birthdays, New Year, and Easter all together.

When my daughters grew up and entered university, they immediately moved into a dormitory. Olga was just filing for divorce at that moment. Our town is small, what is it, an urban village. The case was loud and long, they could not solve the problem with the apartment. As a result, there was nothing left to do but sell and divide the amount. This decision seemed very risky to me, because then my friend was left without an apartment and lived with me for some time.

Unsplash Trip abroad We have always helped each other out, ever since our student days. So I couldn’t refuse my friend in trouble. Her daughters, by the way, did not visit her very often during this period - either an exam, or first love, in general, youth. Meanwhile, a friend found some kind of scheme for earning money abroad, which allowed her to travel in shifts to Italy and back for three months. Three months of work, three months of rest. Let's go.

She invited me to come with her, but I felt good here too. In addition, we regularly called each other, and I never ceased to be amazed at how well things were going for her. In Italy, she gained incredible popularity among men, but never found anyone close in spirit. But she managed to save enough money to buy a brand new two-room apartment. I remember that we then celebrated this matter greatly upon arrival.

Unsplash By that time, my daughters had already graduated from university. The question arose about housing. And then Olga invited her daughters to live in her apartment; there were still two rooms and it was better than renting housing in the city on their own. When I asked her where she was going to live herself, she answered that she now has a work visa in Italy and she plans to stay there.

We haven't seen each other for several years, but during this time we haven't stopped being friends. Meanwhile, the youngest daughter found herself a groom from our hometown. It’s customary here to invite everyone to the wedding: neighbors, colleagues, acquaintances, even I was invited. Olga also came in honor of this holiday. She reported a large sum for the wedding. As they say, the whole village walked! Then she left again.

Unsplash What is passion After some time, she admitted to me on the phone that she had started an affair with one of the wedding guests. It was an employee of the groom, some kind of boss. The man is divorced, calm, with a good reputation. Olga has always been an entertainer, and her plan greatly impressed me: she began sending money to her betrothed, and he began building their own house with this amount.

Judging by the friend’s description, this is not a man, but just a dream! He showers her with compliments, even managed to order her flowers for the holidays. Caring, always takes a second to answer or call. She works a lot, I agree with her on everything. Of course, such a groom could not help but cause a storm of emotions. I suspect that Olga decided to return mainly because of her feelings.

Unsplash During our conversations, she often complained that she was tired of living abroad and that she didn’t belong here at all. She didn’t find any friends; things were completely different. There is not enough spiritual communication and there are not enough daughters. She can no longer work as hard as before. And Gennady Vladimirovich is calling for marriage. His salary alone would not be enough to build a house, but it would be enough for two of them. She was going to come and never work again.

Only this whole story was kept strictly secret, she didn’t even tell her daughters anything until she arrived. The last time we spoke to her on the phone was a few days before leaving Italy, she was traveling by bus. And a few days later she came to my doorstep so upset that I was afraid that someone had died.

Unsplash Heartless daughters In general, the situation was extremely unpleasant. The daughters, it seems to me, have completely lost their shame. After this, I would have left them without an apartment at all, but Olga has a very kind heart.

As soon as the children found out that their mother had been building a house all this time (and it was finally ready), they immediately began to divide it. They were outraged why the house was registered in my mother’s name without their knowledge. Who is this mysterious Gennady Vladimirovich? And isn't she too old to get married a second time? Not only did they not like the very idea that mom might have someone. They did not hesitate to ask how she would bequeath the house. After all, if Olga gets married, then her husband’s children will also be able to claim the house as an inheritance.

Needless to say, this shocked Olenka. She walked out the door to put her thoughts in order, and when she approached the room again, she heard her daughters sharing the house they had just learned about. They are almost burying their own mother, although, in my opinion, at 50-odd kopecks life is just beginning. I myself am 55, and I’m definitely not going to die.

After that, the friend left the room, quietly called a taxi and, leaving her suitcase, went to spend the night with her future husband. She didn’t even take her things - she didn’t want her daughters to start persuading her to stay. And in general he doesn’t want to see them yet.

Unsplash On the second day after that, she came to me. I was terribly worried because Olenka did not answer calls. She deliberately turned off the phone so that the children would think about their behavior and not call. She came to me to ask for advice and just to pour out her soul. But I don’t know what to advise. To any suggestion I make about somehow teaching the girls a lesson, Olya replies, “It’s impossible, these are my own children.” And right now I would suggest that they look for rented apartments for crazy money to find out how difficult it is to earn money for their own housing. Do you think so too?

Tags

See also

New and interesting