Women at war: the truth of which is not to say

"We drove a lot of the day ... They went out with the girls at a station with a bucket to collect the water. Looked around and gasped: one by one went compositions, and there is one girl. Sing. Waving to us - who kerchiefs who caps. It became clear: men are not enough, they perished in the land. Or in captivity. Now we replace them ... Mom wrote me a prayer. I put it in a locket. Maybe it helped - I returned home. I kissed a medallion before the fight ... »

"And when he appeared for the third time, it's a moment - it will then be hidden - I decided to shoot. Decided, and suddenly a thought flashed: the same person, even though he is an enemy, but a man, and I somehow started to shake hands all over my body went shivering, chills. Some fear ... to me sometimes in a dream and now returns to this feeling ... After the plywood targets to shoot at a living person was difficult. I see it in the telescope, well see. As if he's close ... And inside me something resists ... Something does not give, I can not decide. But I pulled myself together, pull the trigger ... Not once we've got. Not a woman thing - to hate and kill. Not ours ... I had to convince myself. Persuade ... »

"Once night reconnaissance in the area of ​​our regiment led an entire company. By dawn she went, and on the neutral zone came a groan. Remained wounded. "Do not go, they will kill - do not let me fighters - you see, already getting light." Did not listen, crawled. Found wounded, dragged him eight hours strapped hand. Dragged alive. The commander learned rashly declared five days of arrest for unauthorized absence. The deputy commander of the regiment reacted differently: "deserves a reward." At nineteen, I had the medal "For Courage". At nineteen, turned gray. At nineteen years in the last battle was shot through both lungs, the second bullet passed between two vertebrae. Paralyzed legs ... And I thought the murder ... In nineteen years ... I have a granddaughter now this. I look at it - and I do not believe. Wee! »

"I had the night shift ... I went to the House of seriously wounded. Captain lies ... The doctors warned me before duty, that night, he would die ... I do not make it to the morning ... I asked him, "Well, how? The more help you? "I will never forget ... He suddenly smiled, such a bright smile on his face haggard," Unbutton bathrobe ... Show me your chest ... I have not seen my wife ... "I was ashamed, I have something there he replied. Left and came back an hour later. He lay dead. And the smile on his face ... »
"I hurricane wave threw the brick wall. Lost consciousness ... When I came to, it was already evening. Raised her head, tried to squeeze his fingers - like moving, barely wade left eye and went to the office, covered in blood. In the corridor meet our older sister, she did not recognize me and asked: "Who are you? From where? "Came closer, gasped and said:" Where you wore for so long, Xenia? Wounded hungry, and you do not. " Quickly bandaged head, left arm above the elbow, and I went to get dinner. His eyes darkened, sweat pouring hail. Began to distribute dinner, fell. Brought to consciousness, and only heard: "Hurry! Hurry! "And again -" Hurry! Hurry! & Quot; A few days later I still have to take seriously injured blood & quot ;.

"And the girls rushed to the front voluntarily and coward he will not go to war. These were bold, unusual girl. There are statistics: loss among medical front edge is second only to losses in the infantry battalions. In the infantry. What is, for example, to pull the wounded from the battlefield? I'll tell you right now ... We went on the attack, and we let the machine gun to mow. And the battalion was gone. All lay. They were not all killed, many wounded. The Germans beat, do not stop the fire. Quite unexpectedly for everyone jumps out of the trench first one girl, then the second, third ... They began to dress and pull off the wounded, even the Germans for some time numb astonishment. By ten in the evening hours all the girls were seriously injured, and each saved a maximum of two or three people. Awarded them sparingly, in the beginning of the war awards are not scattered. Pull the wounded had to be with his personal weapon. The first question to the field hospital where weapons? At the beginning of the war it was not enough. Rifle, machine gun - it also had to carry. In the forty-first order was issued number two hundred eighty-one the submission for the award for saving the life of a soldier: fifteen seriously injured, made from the battlefield with the personal weapon - the medal "For Military Merit" for the salvation of twenty-five people - the Order of the Red Star, for salvation forty - Order of the Red Banner, for the salvation of eighty - the Order of Lenin. And I have described what it meant in the battle to save at least one ... From under the bullets ... »
"What is happening in our souls, these people, as we were then, perhaps, will never be. Never! Such naive and such sincere. With this faith! When the flag was our regimental commander and commanded: "The regiment, under the banner! On your knees! ", We all felt happy. Stand and cry every tears. You are not going to believe, me from the shock my whole body tensed, my illness, and I was ill "night blindness", it at me from malnutrition, from nervous exhaustion happens, so that's my night blindness passed. You know, the other day I was healthy, I was cured, that's such a shock through all my heart ... »

"We're very very young went to the front. Girls. I even grew during the war. Mom tried on at home ... I grew four inches ... »
"Organize nursing courses, and my father took me and my sister there. I - fifteen years old, and her sister - fourteen. He said: "This is all that I can give to win. My girls ... "Another thought did not exist. A year later, I got to the front ... »
"Our mother had no sons ... And when Stalingrad was besieged, voluntarily went to the front. All together. The whole family: mother and five daughters, and his father had already fought ... »
"I was mobilized, I was a doctor. I left with a sense of duty. And my dad was happy that her daughter at the front. Defend the homeland. Dad went to the recruitment office early in the morning. He went to get my certificate and went early in the morning specifically to everyone in the village saw that he had a daughter at the front ... »
"I remember, let me go on leave. Before going to my aunt, I went to the store. Before the war terribly fond of sweets. I say:
 - Give me candy.
Saleswoman looks at me like I was crazy. I do not understand what - cards, that is - the blockade? All the people in the queue turned to me, and I have a rifle more than I do. When we gave them, I looked up and thought: "When I grow up to this rifle?" And all of a sudden began to ask, the whole place:
 - Give her some candy. We cut coupons.
And they gave me ».

"And I happened for the first time in my life ... Our ... Women ... I saw in his blood, as ZAOr:
 - I was injured ...
In exploration with us was a paramedic, an elderly man. He said to me:
 - Where are hurt?
 - I do not know where ... But the blood ...
I like it, like his father, told him everything ... I went to the exploration after the war for fifteen years. Every night. And dreams are as follows: I've got the machine refused, we are surrounded. Wake up - teeth grind. Remember - where are you? There or here? »
"I'm leaving for the front materialist. Atheist. Good Soviet schoolgirl left, which is well taught. And there ... There I began to pray ... I always prayed before the fight, read their prayers. My simple words ... words ... meaning one that I came back to mom and dad. These prayers I did not know and do not read the Bible. Nobody saw me praying. I - secretly. Stealthily prayed. Watch Out. Because ... We were then others, while other people lived. You - you know? »

"Forms of us it was impossible to attack: it is always in the blood. My first wounded - Senior Lieutenant Belov, my last wounded - Sergey Trofimov, a mortar platoon sergeant. In the seventies, he came to visit me, and I showed it to his daughters wounds to the head, which now big scar. Just out of the fire, I made four hundred and eighty one wounded. Some of the journalists calculated that a rifle battalion drag on itself ... men are two to three times heavier than us. A wounded they even harder. Dragging himself and his weapon, but it still overcoat, boots. Shoulder the eighty pounds and dragging. Reset ... You go around the next, and again seventy to eighty pounds ... And so five or six times in one attack. And you most forty-eight pounds - the weight of ballet. Now I can not believe ... »
"I then became commander of the department. All branches of the young boys. We have a whole day on a boat. The boat is small, there are no latrines. Guys if necessary can be across the board, and all. Well, how do I? A couple of times before I doterpeli that jumped directly overboard and swim. They shout: "Sergeant overboard!" Pull out. Here is an elementary change ... But what a trifle? I then treated ...
"I came back from the war gray. Twenty-one years, and I'm all white little. I was seriously wounded, concussion, I could not hear in one ear. Mom met me with the words: "I believe that you would come. I am praying for you day and night. " Brother killed at the front. She cried: "Equally now - deliver girls or boys».
"And I say more ... The worst thing for me in the war - wearing underpants. That was scary. And that to me somehow ... I do not ... Well, to put it in the first place, it is very ugly ... You're in a war, going to die for their country, and you underpants. In general, you look ridiculous. Ridiculous. Men wore long pants then. Wide. Sewn from satin. Ten girls in our dugout, and they are all in the men's underpants. Oh my goodness! Winter and summer. Four years ... We crossed the Soviet border ... to seek, in the words of political studies at our Commissioner, the beast in its own lair. Near the first Polish village we dressed, gave new uniforms and ... And! And! And! Brought for the first time women's panties and bras. Throughout the war for the first time. Ha-ah ... Well, of course ... We saw the normal lingerie ... Why do not you laugh? Cry ... Well, why? »
"At eighteen years of Kursk I was awarded the medal" For Military Merit "and the Order of the Red Star, nineteen - Order of the Patriotic War of the second degree. When arriving a new addition, the guys were all young, of course, they were astonished. They, too, eighteen or nineteen years old, and they mockingly asked: "And what did you get your medals?" Or "Was there a fight you?" Bailiff with jokes: "A bullet pierced the armor of a tank?" One such I then bandaging the battlefield under fire, and I remember his surname - Dapper. He was broken leg. I told him I impose the bus, and he asked me to forgive him: "Sister, I'm sorry I hurt you then ..."

"Disguise. Sit. We are waiting for the night to still make an attempt to break through. And Lieutenant Mike T., commander was wounded, and he served as battalion commander, he was twenty years old, began to remember how he loved to dance, play the guitar. Then he asks:
 - Have you ever tried?
 - What? Tried that? - Is there like scared.
 - Not what, but someone ... Babu!
Before the war such cakes were. With such a name.
 - No-oo ...
 - I, too, have not tried yet. That's going to die and did not know what love is ... kill us at night ...
 - Fuck you, you fool! - Before I realized what he was.
Died for life, not knowing what life is. Everything else just read in books. I loved the movie about love ... & quot;
"It is overshadowed by a fragment mine loved one. Shards of flying - it's a fraction of a second ... How she had? She saved Lieutenant Pete Boychevskogo, she loved him. And he stayed. Thirty years later Peter Boychevsky came from Krasnodar and found me on the front of our meeting, and all I was told. We went with him to Borisov and tracked down the clearing where Tonya was killed. He took the land from its grave ... Nes and kissed us ... It was five Konakovsky girls ... And the one I returned to my mother ... »
"It was organized by a separate unit dymomaskirovki, commanded by a former battalion commander of torpedo boats Lieutenant Commander Alexander Bogdanov. Girls, mostly with college education or after the first year at college. Our task - to save the ship, cover them with smoke. Begin shelling, the sailors are waiting: "Hurry girls smoke hung. With him calmer. " Traveled in cars with a special mixture, and all this time hiding in a bomb shelter. We are, as they say, caused the fire itself. Because the Germans were beaten by this smokescreen ... »

"Disguise. Sit. We are waiting for the night to still make an attempt to break through. And Lieutenant Mike T., commander was wounded, and he served as battalion commander, he was twenty years old, began to remember how he loved to dance, play the guitar. Then he asks:
 - Have you ever tried?
 - What? Tried that? - Is there like scared.
 - Not what, but someone ... Babu!
Before the war such cakes were. With such a name.
 - No-oo ...
 - I, too, have not tried yet. That's going to die and did not know what love is ... kill us at night ...
 - Fuck you, you fool! - Before I realized what he was.
Died for life, not knowing what life is. Everything else just read in books. I loved the movie about love ... »
"It is overshadowed by a fragment mine loved one. Shards of flying - it's a fraction of a second ... How she had? She saved Lieutenant Pete Boychevskogo, she loved him. And he stayed. Thirty years later Peter Boychevsky came from Krasnodar and found me on the front of our meeting, and all I was told. We went with him to Borisov and tracked down the clearing where Tonya was killed. He took the land from its grave ... Nes and kissed us ... It was five Konakovsky girls ... And the one I returned to my mother ... »
"It was organized by a separate unit dymomaskirovki, commanded by a former battalion commander of torpedo boats Lieutenant Commander Alexander Bogdanov. Girls, mostly with college education or after the first year at college. Our task - to save the ship, cover them with smoke. Begin shelling, the sailors are waiting: "Hurry girls smoke hung. With him calmer. " Traveled in cars with a special mixture, and all this time hiding in a bomb shelter. We are, as they say, caused the fire itself. Because the Germans were beaten by this smokescreen ... »

"We were told to put all the military, and I'm about fifty meters. Crept into the pants and the girls they tied me to the top ».
"As long as he hears ... Until the last moment to tell him that no, is it possible to die. Kiss him, hug, what are you saying? He was already dead, his eyes to the ceiling, and I told him something else ... soothing whisper ... The names here are erased, gone from memory, and those were ... "
"We've got a captive nurse ... A day when we recaptured the village littered everywhere dead horses, motorcycles, armored personnel carriers. Found her, eyes gouged out, his chest cut off ... It impaled ... Frost, and she is white and white and gray hair all. She was nineteen years old. In her backpack, we found letters from home and rubber green bird. Children's toys ... »
"Under Sevsk Germans attacked us seven or eight times a day. And I still to this day carried the wounded with their weapons. Go to last crawled, and his arm completely slaughtered. Hangs on pieces ... At veins ... In krovische all ... He needs to urgently cut off his hand to tie up. Otherwise, no way. And I do not have a knife or scissors. Bag-telepalas telepalas on his side, and they fell. What to do? And my teeth nibbled this pulp. Gnawed, bandaged ... Bandages and wounded: "Soon, my sister. I have Póvoa. " In the heat ... »
"I was afraid of the war, the legs are not crippled. I have beautiful feet. Man - what? He's not so bad, even if the legs lose. Anyway - the hero. Groom! A cripple a woman, it's her fate will be decided. Women's fate ... »
"Men lay the fire at the bus stop, shake lice dried. And we are where? Run after some shelter there and undress. I had knitted sviterochek because lice were sitting on each millimeter, each eyelet. Look vomit. Lice are headaches, wardrobes, pubic ... I've had it all ... »
"Under the Makeyevka, in the Donbass, I was wounded, wounded in the thigh. Got here is a fragment of like stone, sits. Feel - blood, I folded the individual package and there. And then I run, bandage. I am ashamed to say who, wounded girl, but where - in the buttocks. In the ass ... At sixteen, it is a shame someone say. Uncomfortable to admit. Well, as I was running, bandaged until fainted from loss of blood. Full natekla boots ... »

"Came the doctor did a cardiogram, and they ask me:
 - Have you ever had a heart attack?
 - What is a heart attack?
 - Are you all heart scars.
And these scars can be seen from the war. You go over the target, you all shakes. The entire body is covered with a shudder, because the bottom of the fire: fire fighters, anti-aircraft guns shot ... We flew mostly at night. For a while we tried to send the job to the day, but then abandoned the idea. Our "On 2" shoots a machine gun ... do to twelve sorties per night. I saw the famous ace pilot Pokryshkina when he flew out of combat flying. He was a strong man, he was not twenty years and twenty-three, like us, while the plane refueled, the technician time to take off his shirt and unscrew. From it flowed as if he had been in the rain. Now you can easily imagine what was going on with us.

Where to go? ...

I stand.                        

Do not die! ...
The same.

Nurse. ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting