Byron Katie: it is True that we don't want to see

My experience suggests that teachers, in which we need the most, are those people with whom we live now. Our spouses, parents and children — the best teachers, which we could only hope for. Again and again they will show us the truth, we don't want to see until, until we will not see it...

People often ask me if I professed any religion until 1986. And I answer: "Yes. My religion was that my children should pick up their socks". It was my religion, and I was fully committed to her, even though she never worked. Then one day, when Work is already living in me, I realized that it just wasn't true.

The reality was that they day after day, leave their socks on the floor, despite my requests, nagging and punishments. I realized that I should pick up socks if you want them to be matched. My children were quite happy and scattered on the floor socks.

So who was the problem? She was with me.

These are my thoughts about the socks scattered on the floor complicates my life, and not the socks themselves. And who was the solution? Again, I have. I realized that I could either be right or free. It took me just a few moments to pick up the socks, not thinking about the children.

And an amazing thing happened. I realized that I like to pick up their socks. I did it for myself, not for them. It was not boring homework; pick up socks and see the clean floor turned into pleasure. In the end, they noticed that it gives me pleasure, and began to pick up my socks without my reminders.

Our parents, our children, our spouses and our friends would push all our buttons until we realize what we don't want to know about themselves. Every time they will send us to our freedom.

Byron Katie "Loving what is"

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: sobiratelzvezd.ru/uchitelya-v-kotoryx-my-nuzhdaemsya-eto-te-lyudi-s-kotorymi-my-zhivem-sejchas/

Tags

See also

New and interesting