Directed by Tim Godsall - a nightmare of tedious customers

Even 6-7 years ago Tim Godsall trying to make a name for himself in his native Canada, shooting commercials for small, strange customers, which we never slyshali.Teper he is one of the leading directors Productions Biscuit Filmworks, located in Los Angeles. And he continues to do weird videos, but for an entirely different scale customers.

Most of his movies too incomprehensible for us - there are too many dialogues and inner American humor, which we hardly grasp, even owning English. Another conspicuous aspect of the work of Tim Godsella - wacky situation at the office or in the living room. US advertising analysts have long been predicting the imminent collapse "of office clips" because of the high frequency of their appearance on the screen, but not in the case of Tim. He manages to do so common for the US rolls visible, emotional and unbelievable.

Best known for his commercials - Altoids series for 2007.

For agencies difficult to get interesting things from a major client. Due to the number of people and money involved in the process. But it happens. For example, Altoids from Leo Burnett has been a very positive project that gave me a lot of experience from more clients and more agencies. And I hope that I will have more such large, intelligent work.

I love to improvise. Campaign for the Holiday Inn was very improvised. The client and the agency felt very comfortable on the set of the first roller. And then they said, "Let's take the second scenario, the same characters, the same situation and see what we will face." But this, of course, a horrible thing for the installation. Because you have so many opportunities. If the script - is the holy of holies, then the Agency may find offensive improvisation. But if not, it's a fun experience.

Perhaps some agencies a little afraid of my reputation as an improviser. You just have to go a certain way on the script as long as it does not appeal to all. But if the actors are good, if they understand as much as a director or screenwriter, you can try to throw his curve ball while the camera shoots. I think this is a useful thing, and worth trying, even if in the end the experiment failed.

The most painful part for me to create a video - installation. On the set of fun and efficiently, because you can not perepridumat something serious. But installation can povyaznut additions in the swamp of decision-makers, and cleaning various parts. The video may lose its simplicity and power, because people closely watched way it 400 times and just lost what made it interesting at the first viewing. Good editors are very important, and I just hope that the agency has some "cooling period", during which no one can watch bonding within a few days.

I was shooting a campaign for a G4 with the agency 72andSunny, and it was very difficult. We rented two rollers with a ninja day. Flights to lounge, Shaolin monk, running on the water, snowfall in Los Angeles, staged scenes of fights, falling off his hands, and so on. We would not have so many problems if we had one day for each movie and a lot of money. And we did them no money and no time. But rollers worked really well.

With animals not often had to work and I can not say that I like it or not. It depends on the animal. With proteins difficult, with rabbits easily. Dvuhzadaya dog - the easiest. Raccoons complex and nasty. One dresirovschik - he had lions, tigers and cobras - raccoons hated most in the world. When I asked him, very soft religious man, why, he replied: "Because they are fucking assholes».

via # image513455

Tags

See also

New and interesting