"Awkward," "horrible" and "surreal" - such epithets awarded work of director Tom Kuntz of MJZ

"Awkward," "horrible" and "surreal" - such epithets awarded in the press work of Tom Kuntz, director MJZ. They cling to the first view, forced to watch them again and again. One of the visitors to the site is recognized as something that is "dependent" on one of his videos a couple of hours ...

34-year-old Tom from time to time creates a strange characters, strange situations and, ultimately, strange videos that receive awards almost every year a variety of festivals. His style - black humor.

One of the latest series of his works all impressed - it is called the "most awarded campaign of 2007", and the Kuntz took first place in the ranking of the directors of the Year by the Boards. It rollers for Skittles, where we have to live in an active and quite nimble beard, singing opera arias and rabbit of blazing plumbing, eliminating skittlsovuyu leak in the ceiling.

Tom Kuntz: «It's all great ideas. And we did a really good job. And we choose the right people. For example, "Leaks" Master and his little buddy - Latinos. A couple of days we were torn between them and the other guys, but eventually thought, 'Hey, these guys are kind of fun. " We removed them, they have worked very well, and now I can not imagine others in their place.

A "sale" I knew a guy who marketed the rabbit had to be confident, brainy and somewhat mean-spirited. I knew a boy who was a rabbit should be able to love and to be a little pathetic - a kind of losing a guy. Actually, I did not have any video on which I would have thought more than on it. You podnimaeshsvoy radar and eventually know who what should be.

The "beard" I liked the idea that the character a little bit indifferent or brash. If he knows that he controls the situation, it is much more interesting look. The woman suggests that she is in control, but it is weaker. And if he's really smart, he will take the upper hand over its weakness. She is worried and wants to be loved, so when the beard touches her, she chuvstsvuet just fine - what crap! I mean, we're talking about advertising chocolates. »

Soon followed by another small series, which is already firmly Skittles designated as one of the most daring brands this year.

In the same year Kuntz got bronze for a series of commercials for one more sweets - candies Altoids. Again melancholic tempo, black humor and absurdity
poooolny

Another great job turned out at Kuntz in collaboration with AMV BBDO. They removed the video within the Snickers new positioning in the UK. The campaign has been involved Mr.T - brutal macho of "Team A».

Tom Kuntz: «In truth, he is a nice man of all the people I have met».

Tom Kuntz, consistently receives awards or nominate them, treats them fairly cool, never set a goal to get them, "This is one of those things that I did not want to ever passionately. I do not worry when someone nominated, and I have not. But when I get them, I think, "Wow, cool" ».

via / tv-spot / 2007/04/25/17310 /

Tags

See also

New and interesting