6 when my mother was right

«To me for the weekend recently visited my mother. During these days, while she was with me, I realized a couple of very important things.

Do you remember as a child every day like it so diligently to achieve your trust, with a smile, I asked, how was your day, gave wise counsel, and all that she has received from you in return - aggressive "leave me alone, Mom!". It is not only I behaved so badly in school days, right? »

Website publish interesting reflections Irene Murrow that mom was always absolutely right.

1. "The other kids are just jealous». This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Why would they be jealous of my haircut under the pot and what I look like a boy? Mom, you do not understand! Em>

But I take these words too literally. No, they are not jealous of my hair under the pot, but they were jealous of the courage, which I had to wear this stupid haircut. Obviously, they have this courage and perseverance were not, if they so diligently I was teased.

My mother knew that, and she always encouraged my desire to be unique, outstanding and to be true to herself. She never watched the new-fangled trends, and it has never cared what they say "cool guys».

Now I understand: to be different and to be confident - this is what people are really jealous.

2. "Love comes when you least expect it».

U-LL, yes, of course. You say that just to cheer me, because I'm definitely going to die alone. All that you do makes me feel stupid and pathetic. I'll go lock myself in my room and listen to your favorite music, to let off steam a bit. Em>

I confess that after I gave up trying to find love and instead devoted his time and energy to finding yourself and your place in this world.

I became more confident person, and one day, when I least expected it, I met a guy who fell in love with me just for this.

3. "If he wants to see you - see. Wants to talk - talk ». Whether moms. You really do not understand how the modern love. Em>

No, just my mother knew that playing silly games, and if someone cares about you, he will not play with your heart.

4. "Do not rush the time». Yes, I want to quickly finish school and go where I understand and accept! Em>

Yes, the future is very promising. But my mother was a wonderful argument. This is priceless, and it is rapidly slipping away. Appreciate it. Time flies, blah blah blah.

Seriously, do not rush things. All end sooner or later, so enjoy this while you have the chance.

5. "I know, you think that was the end of the world, but you get over it». This proves that you do not understand in this life, because there is nothing in my life will not be good! Em >

As it turned out, life goes on. As always, the bull's-eye, Mom!

6. "You'll understand when you're older». I've grown up! And I see! You're the only one who does not understand! Em>

Looking back over 14 years, I realize that was just a child. Yes, I know some things, but I was sure that I know much better than adults. In fact, it was certainly not the case. I still had a lot to learn, and it's all come with time.

Again, Mom, you were right.

Author: Irene Merrow
Translation and adaptation: Website

via elitedaily.com/life/culture/6-times-mom-totally-right-just-annoyed/959248/

Tags

See also

New and interesting