Pain and happiness of Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo - the most famous Mexican artist whose work is loved around the world. Website tells the story of her tragic fate and bright.

Communist, materschinnitsa, expressive and eccentric Frida, who loved to laugh, drink tequila and smoking became known shortly before his death. Now her paintings are worth millions of dollars. However, her fate was not so simple.

At 6 years old little Frida suffered polio. The disease is dried up her right leg, so Kahlo lifelong limp leg and hide under trousers or long skirts national dresses. Peers teased her "Frida wooden leg." And after 12 years, she got into a terrible car accident. The bus in which she was traveling with his friend Alejandro, hit a tram.

Alejandro got off easy, but Frida crippled so that the doctors were unanimous in their disappointing forecast. Iron rod flashed her abdomen and pelvis, forever depriving it of the opportunity to have children.

Frida survived - and contrary notwithstanding. But inside it and left crippled. Thirty-two operations, the years in a cast and wheelchair, endless pain. And the first steps in painting. The mirror over the bed and the special sub-frame, which allowed paint lying. Self-portraits - that Frida painted constantly, because in fact she was the only one that could see, being bedridden.

«I write myself because I spend a lot of time alone and because I am the one theme that know best».

A few years later, after recovering from the accident, the artist Diego Rivera came to show self-portraits created during the year, which she spent in bed, clad in an orthopedic corset. The paintings of Frida Kahlo impressed by the famous artist:

«They passed the vibrant sensuality that complement ruthless, but very sensitive ability to observe. It was obvious that this girl was a born artist ».

By the time a passionate Rivera has separated from his second wife, and nothing will stop him get excited about twenty artist, witty, courageous and talented. It was impossible not to fall in love with a superior intellect Frida.

Diego was older than 20 years old, terrible and huge. Growing in clumps hair, bulging with excitement, or, conversely, covered his eyes swollen eyelids. Its always adored women Diego reciprocated, but once admitted: "The more I love women, the more I want to make them suffer».

«In my life there were two accidents, one - when the bus crashed into a tram, another - is Diego».

And one of the most famous paintings on this topic - "just a few shots." Bloody bed and a man with a knife standing over the prone body of Frida.

Rivera cheated on his wife right and left. "I tried to drown my sorrows, but those bastards learned to swim ..." - and she, too, began to change. Rivera was jealous and furious - it was not lawful that he allowed himself. After 5 years of scandals, accusations and quarrels they divorced, but a year later married again.

The idea is encrypted Kahlo paintings in detail, background, figures that appear next to the image of Frida. Or next to two Frieden. She often had to be separated like. It is up to the accident and after. She suffers - it is quiet. In public, she was almost always cheerful, laughing infectiously, swearing loudly, drank, smoked, and behaved as if she was the happiest person in the world. Her true inner feelings found a way out in the paintings and diary.

Most of all in the life of Frida loved life itself - and that is a magnet attracted to her men and women. Despite the excruciating physical pain, she sparkled with humor, can laugh to the point of exhaustion, to poke fun at themselves, and entertain the soul carouse. And only by taking the brush, she allowed herself to think about the inevitable. She dreamed of a child, but a terrible injury did not allow her to have children. Three pregnancy - and it was quite a feat in her position - ended tragically.

The last 10 years of Frida Kahlo kept a diary - and managed to fill a izrisoval 170 pages, which are now part of its heritage. 40 years spent in the closed document archive of the Mexican government, before being published. 170 pages with watercolors and collages, childhood memories, records of illness and agonizing love for her husband.

The name of Diego found in her diary more often than other words. She suffers because he can not find the words to tell him all about his feelings, because they are inexpressible.

«Diego - beginning Diego - my child, Diego - my friend Diego - artist Diego - my father, Diego - my lover, Diego - my husband, Diego - my mother, Diego - myself, Diego - a all ».

In 1950, she underwent another operation on the spine 7, 9 months she spent in a hospital bed, and now it will forever remain in the wheelchair. In 1953, a year before his death, her right leg was amputated to stop the gangrene. And at the same time in Mexico opened her first solo exhibition. At the opening of Frida arrived by ambulance with siren. She was smiling, with one hand was a constant cigarette, the second - a bottle of tequila in her hair - a flower, laughter - the joy and irony.

A week before his death, Frida painted "Long live life!» - «Viva la vida!» - Sunny still life, which has focused its relation to life and death.

«I had fun waiting for care, and I hope never to return. Frida ».

And then she still managed to find the words in which he expressed his love for Diego Rivera:

"... In the saliva

in the paper

eclipsed

All lines

All colors

all pitchers

In my chest

outside, inside ...

DIEGO in my mouth in my heart in my madness in my dream in blotting paper in the tip of the pen to pencil in the landscapes of food in the metal in the imagination in diseases in the windows of his tricks in his eyes, in his mouth in his lies ».

She wrote them on a piece of paper. Diego got it a few days before his own death.

via # image15223060

Tags

See also

New and interesting