Pain and happiness (18+)

This woman a little frightening ...
Endless pain, superhuman strength and all-consuming passion - these words can describe the life and paintings of Frida Kahlo, the most famous Mexican artist.

29 photos

Source

She died in July 1954 - 59 years ago. She died at her home in the bohemian district of Mexico City, after 29 years of suffering and struggle. All her life she was accompanied by physical pain and emotional pain. They found expression in her paintings and her diary.

Communist, skvernoslovitsa, expressive and eccentric Frida, who loved to laugh, tequila and smoking has become known as the artist shortly before his death. Now her paintings are worth millions. "Roots" was sold in 2006 for $ 6 million, and one of the many self-portraits in 2000 for 5. Her praise feminists, although the Frida are not. Before her bows LGBT community, although she was bisexual Frida, but that was not important. It is important only to the universal pain and how it is expressed in the painting.

In six years, little Frida suffered polio. The disease is dried up her right leg and made lifelong limp leg and hide under trousers or long skirts national dresses. "Frida - a wooden leg," teased her peers. Even after 12 years, she got into a terrible car accident. The bus in which she was traveling with his friend Alejandro, hit a tram. Alejandro got off easy, but Frida crippled so that the doctors were unanimous in their disappointing forecast. Triple fracture of the spine, a triple fracture of the pelvis, eleven fractures of bones and suffered so right leg fractured foot, broken collarbone and ribs. Iron rod flashed her abdomen and pelvis, forever depriving it of the opportunity to have children.

Frida survived - and contrary notwithstanding. But inside it and left crippled. 32 operation years in a cast and wheelchair, endless pain. And the first steps in painting. The mirror over the bed and the special sub-frame allows you to write lying.

Self-portraits - that Frida painted constantly, because in fact she was the only one that could see bedridden. "I write myself because I spend a lot of time alone and because I am the one theme that I know best."

A few years later, after recovering from a car accident, the artist Diego Rivera came to show their self-portraits created in the course of the year, which she spent in bed, clad in an orthopedic corset.

The paintings of Frida Kahlo impressed by the famous artist: "They passed the vibrant sensuality that complement ruthless, but very sensitive, the ability to observe. For me it was obvious that the girl was a born artist. "

By the time a passionate Rivera has separated from his second wife, and nothing will stop him get excited about twenty artist, witty, courageous and talented. Captivated by his extraordinary intelligence and Frida.

Diego was at Frida's older than 20 years old, terrible, huge and thick. Growing in clumps hair, bulging with excitement, or, conversely, covered his eyes swollen eyelids. He looked like an ogre, but "good eater" as said about Diego Maximilian Voloshin, who met with him in Paris.

Rivera himself liked to portray a bellied frog with someone's heart in his hand. Its always adored women Diego reciprocated, but once admitted: "The more I love women, the more I want to make them suffer."

"In my life there were two accidents, one - when the bus crashed into a tram, another - is Diego." One of the most famous sayings Kahlo, transmitting the whole meaning of their relationship. And one of the most famous paintings on this topic - "just a few shots." Bloody bed and a man with a knife standing over the prone body of Frida.

Rivera cheated on his wife right and left. "I tried to drown my sorrows, but those bastards learned to swim ..." and she, too, began to change.

Rivera was jealous and furious - she was not allowed that he allowed himself. After five years of scandals, accusations and quarrels they divorced, but a year later married again.

Not a single self-portrait of Frida smiles: serious, even mournful face, bushy eyebrows grown together, faint black mustache on the sensual lips tightly compressed. The idea of ​​her paintings is encrypted in details, background, figures that appear next to Frieda. Or next to two Frieden. She often had to be separated like. It is up to the accident - it is after the accident. She suffers - it is quiet. In public, she was almost always cheerful, happy, laughing infectiously, swearing loudly, drank, smoked, and behaved as if she is the happiest person in the world. Her true inner feelings found a way out in the paintings and diary.

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

When she was in the United States lost their second child (and all three failed pregnancies were), then right into the hospital painted "Henry Ford Hospital". This confession of women who lost not only their children but also their femininity, their family, their destiny and future. On the horizon - an urban landscape of America, in the center - steel hospital bed on which lay bleeding Frida, symbolically associated with umbilical cord fetus, a snail and anatomical layout. Conciseness and simplicity of character of Frida reveal because of its experience, static images emphasize the silent, frozen pain.

Most of all in the life of Frida loved life itself - and that is a magnet attracted to her men and women. Despite the excruciating physical pain, she sparkled with humor, can laugh to the point of exhaustion, to poke fun at themselves, and entertain the soul carouse. And just taking a brush, she allowed herself to think about the inevitable. She dreamed of a child, but a terrible injury did not allow her to have children. Three pregnancy - and it was quite a feat in her position - ended tragically. And then she began to draw children. More often - dead.

The last 10 years of Frida Kahlo kept a diary, and having to fill a izrisoval modest 170 pages, which are now part of its heritage. Forty years he spent in the closed archives of the Mexican government, before it was published. 170 pages with watercolors and collages, childhood memories, records of illness and agonizing love for her husband.

The name of Diego found in her diary more often than other words. She suffers from the fact that he could not find the words to tell him all about his feelings on what they are inexpressible. "Diego - beginning Diego - my child, Diego - my friend Diego - artist Diego - my father, Diego - my lover, Diego - my husband, Diego - my mother, Diego - myself, Diego - it's everything."

It will be drawn to it repeatedly circled and underlined word ternura - tenderness. His face will appear randomly in her fugitive sketches. In 1953, being alone and away from it, in its own way to celebrate his birthday, he wrote in his diary, "December 8 ... Diego ... Love."

She draws Entries bird with wings. Above the bird Frida wrote: Te vas? - Are you going? And he answers - No. Alas rotas - Broken wings. She can not get away from any broken bones or from the tormented heart. It does not get any fly or leave, or even crawl.

Long live Stalin! Long live Diego.

In 1950, she underwent another operation on the spine 7, 9 months she spent in a hospital bed, and now it will forever remain in the wheelchair. In 1953, a year before his death, her right leg was amputated to stop the gangrene. And at the same time in Mexico opened her first solo exhibition. At the opening of Frida arrived by ambulance with siren. She was smiling, with one hand was a constant cigarette, the second - a bottle of tequila in her hair - a flower, laughter - the joy and irony.
A week before his death, Frida painted "Long live life» - «Viva la vida». Sunny still-life, which has focused its attitude to life. And to death: "I am waiting for care and fun I hope never to return. Frida. "

And then she still managed to find the words in which he expressed his love for Diego Rivera.
"... In the saliva
in the paper
eclipsed
All lines
All colors
all pitchers
In my chest
outside, inside ...
DIEGO in my mouth in my heart in my madness in my dream in blotting paper in the tip of the pen to pencil in the landscapes of food in the metal in the imagination in diseases in the windows of his tricks in his eyes, in his mouth in his lies ».
She wrote them on a piece of paper. Shred with torn crippled, but in the living heart of the artist gave Diego a few days before his own death.

That's all. Whoever does not understand - it's education post;)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting