Mushroom growing on the windowsill

Late autumn, winter is coming - the most terrible period for makrofotgrafa. Dusts photographic, photographing in winter categorically nothing, and no desire. Is that a pair of snowflakes removed to not lose shape. Hunt for ice cream and winter opёnkom photograph promorozhennaya Polypore - not very interesting. In order not to fall into a deep depression, and like to pass the time while waiting for the season, you can start to grow mushrooms on a windowsill in an apartment directly. This is quite interesting and useful occupation. Plus its obvious - fresh mushrooms on the table all offseason, observation and courting mushroom blocks, photographing the results. No cons - mushrooms on a windowsill no effect on climate and do not create odors. In addition, the home can grow mushrooms, not peculiar to their region and not growing in the wild. For me it is: Shiitake Lentinula edodes, Reishi or Lingzhi mushroom Ganoderma lucidum, Meytake or Hen-of-the-wood Grifola frondosa, Champignon Agaricus bisporus, Agrotsibe Agrocybe praecox, oyster mushroom Pleurotus ostreatus.

All photos are my true part of another shot at the bar of soap :)
And so, post №1 - Shiitake Lentinula edodes is 13 photos.

Start a home mushroom mushrooms grow best precast blocks that can be purchased in the mushroom farms in the mail. But we must be wary of divorce and fakes.
I began to grow Shiitake mushrooms with blocks. This fungus is most common in Japan, China and other Asian countries, where it usually grows on dead wood felled trees. Today shiitake considered a valuable product and is cultivated in many countries of the world, including Europe. Besides the delicious food as an alternative to the usual mushrooms, shiitake and has medical value. In the history of Japanese traditional medicine still in II-III century BC, the emperor received shiitake mushroom as a gift from the indigenous people of ancient Japan. Hence decided to do the countdown application of this fungus in medicine. However, shiitake was known even earlier in ancient China and was called Juan Mo. The most valuable component of this is the Japanese mushroom polysaccharide letinan. This substance is 1/3 of the total fungi that effectively fights cancer. Another useful feature of shiitake in that the active substance directly attacking the cancerous cells of the immune system and regulate the development of harmful tissue. The fungus helps in the main - it directly affects human immunity. And because most diseases arise because of weak immunity - like shiitake heals them all. In edible form shiitake can be applied in the form of dry extracts and tinctures. I cook them like ordinary mushrooms - cook gribovnitsu fry with onions and potatoes. I make a tincture with vodka.

A little about the features of this mushroom cultivation. After receiving and unpacking blocks in 3-4 days, you can observe the development of primordia, from which gradually formed adult mushroom. Soon, the entire block will be covered with mushrooms. This is the first wave of the most Urozhainaya fruiting. When the mushroom caps unfold, you can harvest, carefully vylamyvaya mushrooms from the substrate. To cut them in any case impossible, as in the cut out for rotting legs can go block infection. After removing the crop, put the blocks in the dark, damp cool place for 10 days, for recreation and development of mycelium inside the unit. After this period, the blocks soaked in cold tap water, submerging them completely for two days. Take out, dry off and give back in the tub under the hood. After 3-4 days reappear primordia. These cycles can be repeated until the complete destruction of the unit. I managed to get maximum yields of 8, although with each such cycle of fungi were fewer.

12 According Shiitake post finished. Yield per unit:

Tags

See also

New and interesting