Mercury Colony Park: exclusive shed

According to legend, this grand Mercury appeared in the early 90s in the Russian province: the American tourists had problems with the generator, and they simply left the car. What did Tyumen American tourists on Colony Park, whether they were in fact - history is silent. Nevertheless, it is known that in the early 90's post-Soviet space appeared very interesting specimen ...

25 photos.

Mercury Grand Marquis - a rare bird in the territory of the former Soviet Union. And soplatformenny with him touring Colony Park, most likely at all in the CIS is presented in a single copy! This valuable, rare, large and majestic car today in Minsk.

Now firmly grasp the chair: Machine 1984 issue is still on the run, in the original paint, with the "native" tires (!!!) and mileage 93,000 miles!

If you still have not fallen, I recommend a look at our video clip.

Car owner Ruslan said showed and gave me a ride on his magnificent Mercury. Let's start with its history ...

- I am fond of American cars I have quite a while. It was a lot of different, the latter - Ford Thunderbird 1991 release. But a year ago I proznal that Moscow sold a miracle - Mercury Colony Park. Then very ill. No, the temperature was not - car sick. Colleagues began to notice my detached state, and I had no choice but to admit that I want to buy this whopper. Of course, all laughed, saying, they say, is the oldest American monster "zhruschy" gasoline buckets, and in general it is not necessary to you. But I did not listen. I do not listen to anyone. His head had only one thought on how to translate ideas into action.

Ruslan had hastily, with tears in his eyes and at a loss to sell their Thunderbird and rush to Moscow. The disease is the exclusive car, believe me, a serious thing.

- On the platform in Moscow, I met a friend who volunteered to help in the transportation of the car, and the owner of the car, Sergei. Let's go to the car. I saw it parked miracle - and wondered how it differs from modern machines with their gigantic size and original appearance. In principle, the inspection itself was a formality, as for myself I have long thought nothing could change my decision. In general, in the engine knocking compensators, engine oil flowed in torrents, was a dent on the rear wing, mashed several moldings - the seller gave new bundled with the machine, rear left a large glass was made of plexiglass - Sergei gave the original. Everything else seems to work as it was in order. Another old owner gave a lot of other parts, for which he, of course, thank you very much.

But in Minsk must also somehow get! Oil is running stream, the motor knocks louder, lights are low oil pressure - nine liters of oil had to top up! Hardly guys get to your destination - and all in the yard engine stalled and did not plant.

- Then the wizard that engaged overhaul, greatly surprised, as we do a considerable distance traveled on this motor. In the oil channels needle could not go - that there was poured, how often to change the oil? But there is a saying: Ford always will take home. From my own experience owning an old Ford'ami can attest: it is true.

Here we need to tell what constitutes this machine.

In 1938, near by Ford Motor Company emerged unit with space for name Mercury car sales average price category, which is located between the relatively affordable models of Ford and luxury Lincoln.

In 1979, the sixth generation will be Mercury Colony Park (also known as a model full name Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park) - American rear-drive wagon with the frame of the chassis and engine V8. He was considered the most prestigious full-size wagon company. Colony Park can be distinguished by the characteristic film "under the tree" on the sides. Release of this model stopped in 1991.

Raise the hood. The engine in this case - 5-liter gasoline V8 engine with 140 hp Little? In Europe, much horsepower now removed with only one liter! So the owner thought that this must be something to do ...

- Now in an all-new engine. Monoinjection thrown, and behind him, and all power sensors, intake manifold changed and put a big 4-chamber carburetor. "Strangle" the motor was monoinjection, and now here feels about 200 horsepower. Cooked from scratch exhaust system removed some annoying little things. My first check was timed to "retro-Minsk", held annually by the club "AvtoAmerika." Now the machine is used every day and are very happy, but the recovery process continues. Everything here is simple and strong ... Pendant, by the way, is still "native" and in excellent condition: Rear - bridge in front - double wishbone scheme, but here now, very much, "not killed", all syringes. Steering gear in the truck. Now these "iron" machines do not - it is very tenacious.

The first thing that catches your eye - the incredible size of the car: length - 5563 mm, width - 2014 mm. Curb weight on the documents of 2650 kg. Although by size, according to Ruslan, easy to get used to.

Inside is very spacious, and the front seats are installed seat belts for the driver and two passengers. The good news and a list of equipment: power steering, cruise control, air conditioning (old yet cleared, but soon everything will return to their seats), five electric windows (fifth - for the rear doors), audio system, electric mirrors, 4-speed automatic transmission, the sensor light and central locking. For 1984, you see, the list is quite good!

Bottomless trunk: it is easy to fit, such as a sofa. You can even sleep. Rear row of seats splits into a flat floor, there is a roof bars. Very practical! Mercury Colony Park is equipped with two comfortable extra seats, which were located in the luggage compartment floor. Enough to decompose them - eight-car becomes. However, "our" Copies of these seats are not, they removed the previous owners. But now there is an extra floor space for luggage.

Given the model year car perfectly preserved: "native" paint, low mileage, rust almost nowhere. Salon is also preserved, only spoil the view from the red carpet inserts on the chairs - the handiwork of Russian masters.

- Slowly machine put in order, - the owner. - What's in the plans? Yes, just go and have fun. Mercury Colony Park and a pleasure for me synonymous. It's very comfortable, beautiful and rare car.

Go driving legends came my turn. I sit down, turn the key in the ignition - and find themselves in the USA! Yes, Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park - a device for teleportation, time machine that takes in America 80: Reagan flashed before my eyes, Michael Jackson, Wall Street ...

Lever in position «D» - and the sounds of country music I'm on the way to Miami.

The car shakes. Low uterine sound of a powerful engine caresses your ears, incredibly soft suspension sleepy. Yes, there are racks - and here, by golly, scary: banks going wild, dimensions rather big and light and empty wheel at all about what does not speak. But in terms of comfort Grand Marquis out of competition: comfortable chairs, a huge space of the cabin, cruise control and excellent insulation. This is a typical American car - it completely relaxed, it remains only to keep direction.

Stop. I think I still really asleep ... but nothing a little more. Ahead after Miami, the sun, summer. What's the road sign? How much is left the way? "Minsk - 5km».

source

Tags

See also

New and interesting