Experienced PC user

I work as a system administrator. A friend often helps, as any-key'a - «download online, the stick" and "movie download" or "I click shutdown, and the computer shuts down" ... and everything like that.
You understand what I'm
About a year ago, a colleague called me friend, asking to "help with the computer guy who, far from you, live».
The guy that found the acquaintance of the announcement of the & lt; sarcasm & gt; «Computer Help" But since they live very far from each other - the redirection left me.
I agree and come to the address to the private sector, next to me. To my surprise, instead of "man" at the gate, I met grandfather, with a smiling face. Smiling, he says to go for it. I go, in the hope to see the same "customer" with broken "piece of iron".

We pass into the room, where the table is a laptop. Regarding the normal budget, Lenovo. With pristine, the seventh Windows, on board.
And here, my grandfather began to turn my impression of "juzverej" upside down.
 - "I have, is such a piece of iron. She junk opened long, so I Vindus and restarted. And the Internet is not working now. Although everything is set up according to the instructions. »
And pokes me a sheet with an example of the settings from your ISP. I slowly settles into a chair, and start asking leading questions ...
So, get acquainted - is Yuri Petrovich. Now he is 79, full, years. And he "experienced PC user," as it did not sound funny, such a formulation. The answer to the question about what's going on here - further memory, in his words:
"Well, bored in retirement, then sit. Adult children, a granddaughter, too. What to do? News Watch - tired already. The same thing there. Retire give, and then store it? Here I radiobazare and bought a laptop. I wonder just what's there. And the Internet, currently connected - the guys came configured. So the computer and was worked. It is one of two - the second in the country. I once, going there - series itself, I write down the stick, and there looks to not be bored.
But something slowly began working. I have instructions on how to rearrange windose, read, drive bought on the market and how it is written, restart everything. A connection is not present. »
As it turned out, Yuri Petrovich lucky that all iron, "rose" out of the box. Everything worked, but it was necessary to enter your IP-address, gateway, and mask in the connection settings. And, if the mask and the gateway, grandfather managed, the IP-address stubbornly refused to give in to him. And all of that instruction was an example with the default settings «192.168.0.1» and not the correct IP.
Calling tech support to learn the correct data, and write them in the settings, I returned to the people online. Grandfather immediately sat down beside him. Inscribed in the search for "Series", and began to build their bookmarks. I asked him to put Skype, to communicate with her granddaughter. Username and password, he has - recorded. But the download, it is not impossible. Raising the jaw off the floor, I continued questioning about his qualifications.
"And then there is the complex? "Goglev" Now, there is. I am writing to all that I have. "Free software", for example. It shows me that there is. And I go and put one thing after another - try, so to speak. What is not clear at all - in the same intarnete write. It is necessary to look simple. That's just typing is slow - it's not learned. "- Smiling winks at me, an amazing grandfather. I ask, why not remove from the display, transparent, shops film - "So it is a woman" - says. "It's like talking on the computer - drool flying, sometimes. And so the screen clean. »
And what a mouse on the left side? - "For the right the same edge of the table - uncomfortable. So I left and used. A son, that we bought a TV. So I took the cable market, the guys - connect. I read that you need this one znachёk and the "R" pressed and there choose. I imagine the evening, I turn on a movie. »
I tuned him what he wanted. Say goodbye, leave your number. And under niherovym so impressed, I went home.

I wanted to congratulate you on the Victory Day, but lost his contacts. And, today, after over a year - call. Calls grandfather Jura. With exactly the same problem that he can not solve even the call to the operator. And tomorrow he goes to the country, so please do today, if possible.
I come again. On the table, two derevyashechkah - "so as not warming himself" - is the laptop. At this time, HP.
As it turned out - the grandfather Jura, decided that his Lenovo is already old. I sold it, and to report, bought a HP.
"I'm on the Internet model of his writing - saying that good. Not expensive and the four-core. So there is - no way. When I bought, even argued - there is a man with his wife to sell it. It shows me that we should now, in the "Start" to go and so off. I say no - here you can, press the button. And he told me - no, it will go into standby mode. I answer that - it's possible to set up, here in the control panel. Well it turns out - I know more than you? I've found here, in the power supply. »

And yet, he now has a new phone - for android`e. "That bought - try. It is also new - has been Lenovo - but he was a big strong. They said - that was four cores. In this two. But I did not notice the difference. And that and that - fast. I tried it with the Internet, to your computer to give - so there's so slow ... Even the weather can not be opened - and I did, and I can see from your phone. »

This time, the issue was still in the drivers. DriverPack helped, but before you reboot, causing a conflict with the network card. A native, Yuri Petrovich, of course, was not.
While sitting, the grandfather watched with interest for my wireless mouse. "It is necessary to afford such a purchase, and that everything in the wires - not nice. And saying there vayfay this - also, without wires. With summer come - take. »
I offered to take the laptop to yourself to download the official firewood, deliver and bring back a couple of hours. Santa Jura agreed and offered a ride on his Moskvichёnke.
A no, the view from the cabin.

Behind the wheel, Yuri Petrovich, like a pilot, combat aircraft - a serious and attentive.
While riding, cornering, the car came a sound, like a siren. The driver laughs - "This is a Pribluda I invented myself, when you turn on the blinker. And it so softly clicks - I forget to turn off, and food with him all the way. And so - it cries, and heard, I switch off. »

We arrived. Santa Jura, something forgotten, runs (literally) to the car - "Documents left in the car." - He says.

They came to me. All downloaded, configured. Yuri Petrovich asked - "put out there in the control panel, a large black mouse. The list - third from the bottom. I chose it. And white is hard to see. »
And zasobiralsya home. In parting, I loaded the bag with gifts - wireless mouse, the new patch cord to replace the old and lax, headphones instead of hanging close to the TV (pictured, in a circle - a Soviet ears, carved out of yellow foam, ear pads) and promise to bring him a Wi-Fi router. My «VIP-client" long refused, and even tried to pay. Having been refused, very much thanks and smiled.

Headphones with foam

Photo for memory.
What I want to say in the end? People, this curious, elderly man, 80 years is not lost lively mind and a desire to learn and to learn something new. He's knows "komputor" better than some of my friends and continue to learn. He has already prints much faster than before. He already has a list of bookmarks and favorite free antivirus. He had already noticed that the new version of Opera, lacks some features. He began studying Android to date, and how to enable the access point ...
Should I continue? Now you know what I feel when I am asked to "download the Internet, on a flash drive" and "I click shutdown, and the computer is turned off," my peers?
That's the story. I'm really proud that there are such people! Health to you, Yuri Petrovich. Grow - and raduyte me your questions!

--img10--

Author history Nemotec

--img11--

Tags

See also

New and interesting