The Soviet shuttle "Buran" in the German city of Speyer

In such a lovely autumn Tuesday, in which PL, will again be filled by me so beloved, furry and not so, but still incredibly charismatic and charming animals and very vital, as it seems their authors, comic books, I decided to create the post of the legendary space shuttle use "BuranĀ».

11 further photos under the cut.

02. Since 2008, the "Buran" is specially built for him a hangar at the Museum of Technology in Speyer.

03. This is not the "Buran", committed in 1988, his first and only flight in fully automatic mode, the irretrievably lost in Baikonur in 2002, when the roof collapsed hangar where he stood.

04. In preparation for the flight by Soviet designers and engineers has created several models of "Buran" for various experiments - testing of protective coatings for fasteners transport cargo aircraft, etc. And only one of the models really fly. This "plane" was the name of the factory BTS-002 GLI and, in contrast to the "space" had 4 on the fuselage of aircraft engines. BTS-002 GLI flight

05. On this item, established in 1984, Soviet pilots and cosmonauts carried out 25 missions, practicing flying and landing in manual and automatic modes. By the way, the American "shuttles", were not able to sit in the automatic mode and the pilots had to do it's always just manually.

06. The only let flown in the atmosphere, but flew BTS-002 GLI in the 90s was leased to Australia, where he served as an attraction during the Olympics, and then he migrated to Singapore, then - in the garage wealthy Arab to Bahrain. Around the BTS-002 GLI spun a lot of scams, "Buran" has been the subject of lawsuits and slowly destroyed in the hangar, waiting for another court decision. And only thanks to the "idea-fix" the owner shpayerskogo Museum have in their collection of Soviet "shuttle", the fate of the unit does not become tragic, and his life is not over at the scrapyard.

08. The cargo compartment.

10. cockpit.

11. I have all, thank you for your attention!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting