Excursion to the carrier

1. New York know weak. There are no special plans for excursions were not. Just walked. I climbed the Empire State Building. Looking at the whole thing from a height saw standing on the Hudson aircraft carrier. This photo is barely visible in the upper right corner. In the real world you can see better. I decided to see up close. It turned out - Museum. I visit pofotorgafiroval. There will be 31 pictures.

2. On the outskirts of the USS Intrepid, I mean Fearless. Note that before I did not see the aircraft carrier, they are not found here, so this is not the biggest of them his appearance was impressive.

3. Even closer. Well, I'm the favorite.

4. The museum begins on the beach. Installation, depicting the confrontation of the Cold War. On the left main tank the American M-60. Right Soviet main battle tank T-72. In the middle - a real element of the Berlin Wall.

5. The sign in front of our T-72 reports that captured Hussein during Desert Storm.

6. The submarine USS Growler, ie the Grunt. The main armament - two cruise missiles Regulus. And the missile boat and the ancient long decommissioned, but beautiful.

7. The same Regulus closer, like, prepared for launch as baa to Manhattan. Although the ceremony will fly to Toronto.

8. Next to the British Concorde. You can go and see. Inside terribly cramped. Not photographed - just do not sticks.

9. The degree of tightness can be a kind of estimate on this photo. Cabin Concord. Himself thick do not think, but you can only go to the belly side plunging

10. This is the hangar of an aircraft carrier. It is clearly seen attack helicopter AH-1 Bell Cobra. Inside the photo turns out badly. For my soap dish was insufficient lighting. I do not want to overload the attention of viewers poor quality images. Report only that they know how to entertain. After our museums often contradictory impressions. On the one hand interestingly, on the other hand debilitated. Here in the top five. A lot of interesting military and military equipment that will impress someone who at least a little interested in it. Understandably, a large part is devoted to aviation. There is even a torpedo bomber Grumman Avenger, which flew himself Zhora Scrub (within the meaning of Bush) senior. I think this is fake. Well, who would have kept it this plane before he became president. And I can not understand the text, xs.

11. The model of the first submarine Turtle. You can sit down and rotate the handle. I do not remember to have been written in the museums "can be touched by hands» . Inside a lot of attractions, twist in the cinema commercials from the chronicles BM2. Including the attack was filmed on the aircraft carrier. He was part of the fleet from 43 th to 74 th year. It was torpedoed. Five-time attacked by suicide bombers. Video is accompanied by a spectacular light and sound effects. And even smoke.
A hangar different simulators. For example, you can try yourself as a pilot of VFM and land the plane on the deck of an aircraft carrier, in different weather conditions, different times of day.
Yes there - inside there is even a climbing wall!

12. Installation of photos "Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima." The person who made that picture, was awarded the Pulitzer Prize.

13. Part of the fuselage of a Boeing crashed into the World Trade Center, the eleventh of September.

14. The upper deck. The place where Nicolas Cage leaped into the Hudson in the movie "National Treasure 2". Only the view from the opposite side of the Hudson.

15. Well, I do. For me, the Israeli Kfir fighter, in our Lion. Multirole fighter. Honestly sleep ... onerenny the French Dassault Mirage III. Israel is no longer in use.

16. The General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Falcon has fought. Multipurpose fourth-generation fighter. It is in service.

17. Vought F-8 Crusader, crusader. Carrier-based fighter. With arms lifted.

18. The McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II. Multirole fighter. In the United States withdrawn from service

19. Grumman A-6 Intruder. Deck attack. With arms lifted.

20. The Grumman F-14 Tomcat. Cat Tom, what? In the US, with arms lifted. But Iran is in service! So it is possible, you know what, collision.

21. The same cat (or kote?), Only the rear view. Engines not. I saw myself.

22. Bell UH-1 Iroquois. Multipurpose helicopter.

Hawker Siddeley Harrier 23. In this case, British fighter-bomber vertical takeoff and landing for the US Marine Corps Sea Harrier. In service it is. The most famous speech - the film with Arnold Schwartz "True Lies."

24. Again Falcon. Odd it is often with me. Wormed his way again, so to speak. Like, what?

25. The legendary Lockheed SR-71 Blekbird. Blackbird means. Released just 30 pieces of all modifications. It is not flying.

26. View from mostka forward. Immediately behind you can see the Falcon fighter North American F-86 Sabre, in the sense of Saber. In this regard, an anecdote. He told a man named Shablya. That is, the name in Ukrainian means the same thing, his sword. "The question is: how to translate into Russian from the Ukrainian word" Shablya "? Answer: "Quiet, girls."
Further visible deck anti Grumman S-2 Tracker. Behind him attack helicopter Bell AH-1 Sea Cobra.

27. View from the middle of the bridge deck.

28. View from the bridge to the stern. Big-eyed can view even our MiG-21.

29. The bridge. The interesting thing from the Navy ship launched in '74. And the air conditioning is present. Set, you see, not one year before the launch. Something tells me that with the air conditioning in our newer warships is not all right.

30. Once the bridge.

31. A look back at the end of the tour. That's all I wanted to say. In strict critics apologize for the superficiality of the story.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting