Renounce roles

It happens. Directors and producers see a particular role any actor. They send him or her a script with a proposal to take over the role of a character. Sometimes the actors themselves refuse roles that eventually become cult. I wonder if they bite your elbows when they know that the character that they could, but they did not want to play, proved to be more popular than their own?

They say Sean Connery lost 283 million pounds when he refused to play the wizard Gandalf in "The Lord of the Rings." Director Peter Jackson offered the former James Bond 19 million pounds for the role of a magician, and the company «Warner Bros» - another 15% of the sales of the film. Connery reportedly did not like the script, and eventually played Gandalf Ian McKellen. And it seems that not a drop of it does not regret.

English actor Cary Grant (left) offered the role of James Bond. Grant (who became a US citizen in 1942) was the best man at the wedding of producer Bond. But in the end, Sean Connery was the first Hollywood Bond.

Once Burt Reynolds admitted that his biggest regret was that moment in life when turned down the role of Hans Solo in the movie 1977 "Star Wars." The role went to Harrison Ford, who was then working as a carpenter .... "I think it was the biggest mistake of my career - admitted Reynolds. - I blame this his agent. It's not just my fault »

Will Smith turned down the role of Neo in "The Matrix." Later he said, "The Matrix" - a rather complex concept. I just did not see it. I looked like Keanu Reeves played, and I must admit - and I rarely say this - that I would be ruined "Matrix". At that time, I was smart enough as an actor to go smoothly. But Keanu was smart enough to do this. Let the film and the director to tell the story, and do not try to play every moment. "

James Caan When asked why the role of the abandoned Randle Patrick McMurphy in the 1975 film "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" of the novel by Ken Kesey, he frankly admitted: "At that moment I thought that the film is not entertaining enough. Everything happened within the four walls. I did not know that the director Milos Forman is so good. Unfortunately, I have adhered to this opinion. Yes, and I was wrong. " The role eventually went to Jack Nicholson, and he got for her Oscar as "Best Actor", and the film was one of three films in the history, which got all the "big five" Oscars.

"Pretty Woman" - a film that "made" Julia Roberts. However, the role of a prostitute in the high-end 1990 film with Richard Gere first offered Molly Ringwald - star of such films as "The Breakfast Club" and "Pretty in Pink". Later, Molly said, "I think I saw an early version of the script and the amount of $ 3,000. I do not remember why I gave up that role. But I have to admit - Julia Roberts - that's what keeps this film. It was her role. I think every actor is hoping that somewhere there is a role that will allow him or her to shine. "

Harrison Ford was not the first actor to Steven Spielberg and George Lucas offered the role of Indiana Jones in "Raiders of the Lost Ark." First, the role was offered to Tom Selleck, but the actor had to be abandoned because he did not have time to shoot.

John Travolta has admitted that his rejection of the title role in the movie "Forrest Gump" was a mistake. As a result, the role in the 1994 film went to Tom Hanks, who won an Oscar for "Best Actor", and the film received a total of six awards, including for "Best Film".

Kevin Costner was offered the role of the protagonist Andy Dyufreyna in the movie "The Shawshank Redemption." But the moment the actor wanted to work on the film "Water World", which, by the way, turned out to be a failure. Costner later admitted that he was sorry that the role went to Tim Robbins.
All this is the last

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting