"Jawa" 1973 release

Vitaly restored retro "awake" with a sidecar from the pile of rusty parts and fragments of glass. Now the 40-year-old motorcycle passes inspection without problems, collects on the road enthusiastic smiles and misses on 76 th gasoline. The owner does not consider himself a "biker" in the modern sense of the word: "connoisseur, restorer ... certainly motorcyclists" - but his Jawa «Why not bike!»

"In the 9th grade, I realized that ill motorcycles»

- My father was a Jawa 250, which even he once bought by parents. He went to him with love - and went, probably would have now if I did not catch it, preparing for the restoration - laughing Vitali. - At that time I was very young, I had no idea of ​​all the complexities and costs - financial and time. The bike is still waiting in the wings - and be sure to wait, because it's history - it should not be the abyss.

When Vitali was in grade 9, with his brother in the summer in the village gave an old "Java" and a trailer full of spare parts.

- For a week, we brought the bike into a decent look, I had started - and realized that ill motorcycles for a lifetime.

"Parts searched everywhere: in the villages, at flea markets, on the Internet, with friends. Who where things lying around »

«Jawa» 350, which now boasts Vitaly, 1973 release. He bought it in 2003, as a student, "for how much, I do not remember, but if it was for me quite weighty».

Here's how it all began.

On «Jawa» set a two-stroke engine capacity of 350 cubic meters. cm.

- It's his motor home, he survived, but he was in very poor condition, had to be restored. Just recently I made a "kapitalku", now run in. Himself motorcycle was terrible: all rusty, stroller practically preserved. It is not iron - light, made of fiberglass. To operate a motorcycle with a sidecar, need certain skills, it seems, often beaten. If iron is simply crumpled, this stroller at the slightest impact cracks, breaks - and so it was, broken-down. Wheelchair I have collected three or four similar. I was looking for a long time, pasted ...

Spare parts for its retro "Java" Vitali is looking for "everywhere in the villages, at flea markets, on the Internet, from friends - one on the shelf where it lying around."

- How to recover it became easier: on the way people respond with a smile, offer themselves some parts that they lie in garages and sheds from time immemorial. Went once for inspection, a man stops: "I have to your bike has a new cylinder, it is necessary?»

- Give away or sell?

- Sell. But for a reasonable price. By the way, always on the diagnostic stations around the motorcycle drivers are going to my father's age. They nostalgically consider this "Java", they have something to remember and to tell, and the stories are always filled with sincere warmth. By the way, always I pass inspection without problems.

On a motorcycle no blinkers, they are not provided by the manufacturer, so to prevent the maneuver Vitaly accounts outstretched arm: "All the traffic rules!" Helmet that the rider wears constantly, "rather classy - from a security standpoint it is certainly outdated" .

- For me this bike weekend - I do not go on it all the time, ride in good weather and only for the sake of positive sentiment surrounding. So the question of security is sorely. Yes, and not to drive. The speedometer maximum speed - 140 km / h. On the track it accelerates fast enough for his age, but now runs a motorcycle run-after "kapitalki" engine - so a maximum of 60.

Vitali is very upset that gas stations had disappeared with Normal-80 - every year has to go to all the big tricks to reconcile retromotor modern gasoline.

- Refuel '92, but 40-year-old "Java" is not designed for such high-octane gasoline - engine quickly overheats. It was created at a time when such high-octane gasoline was not there, at least for mass sale. The engine was designed in the 76th and gasoline with lower octane. Now it had definite way rasp head of the engine to reduce the combustion chamber.

Vitali said that his retrobayk "always offer to buy the non-poor, apparently, people - as a memory of youth».

- Stops at traffic lights, the car pulls up, lowered the glass - and a sea of ​​emotions to the motorcycle. Ask: "Sell!" But no, I can not yet - have no history of the price, and I did it for myself, for aesthetic pleasure. By the way, in the post-war Paris Motor Show this «Jawa» for the perfect design and technical component was awarded first place. I think - well-deserved, and now he is, in my opinion, perfect.

... While we were talking with Vitaly, the bike slowed Lexus. Lower the window the driver's door - and a man of about 50, admiringly tsokaya language, asked: "Your? Sell ​​it? "Having been refused, left" just in case - suddenly decide to "phone and sighed, left.

taken from www.tut.by

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting