The owner of four thousand cars

In his collection of more than 4,000 cars of the postwar period. The massive, custom-made, custom-made only a few copies. How much is the possession of a model of their dreams, how to convert the room under the garage bay and how to become a car maker?
All this, as well as the white metal, which is more valuable than gold, about the Chinese consumption of epoxy and the first car with fuel injection Supercar.ru (SC) talked with Vladimir Krivosheev (VC), the owner of one of the most magnificent collections of model cars on a scale of 1 43.
13 photos, the source

SC: Vladimir, do you remember by heart all the cars? And what was the first?
VK: I remember, but keeping lead. For example, I have a list, there 295 firms, most of the same model, but there are, say, Ford - more than 200 machines, and I consider and branches: English, French, Australian as one company.
Double-decker bus was the first, I have it is in Moscow on a shelf. I began to collect from school, then, forty years ago. Corgi Toys, Matchbox, Saratov "Muscovites" even with a metal bottom and a number on it.
In the early 80's was sold book about models largest Japanese collector. It cost eight rubles and has been deficient. There were pre-war Dinky Toys, and after the war, without interior and glasses; first Matchbox, Corgi Toys early with turned wheels. For us it was an unattainable ideal.

SC: You have the largest collection and have more?
VK: I collect for themselves, their modest means. In the year of my collection grows by 100-150 units in the best years are now 60-70. And she is not the greatest, there is and more. For those, say, of the "new Russian", who came into the store in the early nineties and bought "from here to here." Boss happy, though a collection of obtained without understanding.
And I have everything in order, here are British brands Austin, Humber, Lanchester, English Ford, Aston Martin, Bristol, Bedford, Singer, Riley ...
SC: Wow, Bristol do.
VC: Bristol are many who do, I won five grand worth. For example, an old British company Pathfinder - white metal.

VC: This is my first homemade - Amphicar 770, the world's only serial amphibious civilian, was issued four years, from 1961 to 1965-th. Many of these went to the United States as a machine for fishing. Model of epoxy, fairly detailed, see: the screws underneath. We made three hundred pieces, part of a whale (assembly kit - Supercar.ru). Now the same model and make, and Minichamps Neo. It seems that the latest copy of your model with the mine. SC: Homemade - ie yourself doing? VK: No, not myself. I collect material, looking for the manufacturer, and then someone to pay, for example, a shop selling models. Factory figures hardly find, but tend to have specialized pictures on them define the dimensions. The main thing is to just in time, and it was all done in good quality. The quality of detail, color - everything is negotiated with the customer. It is important that Desktop Publisher was good. Collected and painted model send me to control. I do, or any comments or give go-ahead for production. Copies can be anything, even fifty, at least five hundred copies.

VK: That is my request was an interesting machine is made. It Studebaker Wagonaire Daytona in 1964, with some models manufactured with closed roof, a part - with extended. Material - epoxy and metal, minor details - a photoetching. By the way, I was able at the time to get firm with the prospect of DuPont Exterior Color Studebaker. SC: What is the budget of manufacturing? VC: The master model is within 400 euros. A models, like this one Zundapp Janus, for example - 50-60 euros. Bizarre his company began making mass - and the price fell to 40 euros. But their models wrong tailgate, at present, both cars had to be identical and interchangeable to reduce the cost of production.

-

-

BK: By the way, I ordered his last model is no longer in Ukraine and in Germany. Firm Tin Wizzard - they have their own production, plus they still sell cars. Actually, it's just awful gemorroynoe deal. I am constantly throwing the timing. This is another story. In addition, people can not dodge. For example, it is difficult to monitor how many cars and how much will go to the left. For example, what happened to the Mercedes 320 with a body Wendler, which is similar to Alfa Romeo. Here microcars type Maico or Gutbrod Superior - well, to whom they will sell? And in the case of the Mercedes - you can still poltirazha rivet and someone vtyuhat. Incidentally, the Gutbrod Superior. It's the first serial vpryskovyh German car - a two-cylinder two-stroke motor, boshevskaya equipment. There was three years ahead of Mercedes.

SC: It is interesting, but how much he expended?
VK: Let's see, I have a book. Here you are: 5, 8 liters of a mixture of gasoline and oil.
SC: These circulations of 50-100 models some profit comes from?
BK: A small, at least, I can increase the collection. Especially, of course, have not accumulated.
SC: What is, say, the highlight of the collection?
WC: Oh, I do not know. But on the other hand, I can not make any exhibition: at least for the Brazilian machines, though on the Australian.

SC: And the most rare car in collections? BK: I think that's the Argentine IKA Bergantin, it is made in one copy of my order. IKA - it was a subsidiary of the American company Kaiser. There, for example, for a long time I produced the last Kaiser Manhattan, in Argentina it was called IKA Carabella. I also have this model, including a very rare version of a taxi, which was made for an American model shop is very small circulation. And in the late 50 Argentines bought line for Alfa Romeo 1900. In fact, IKA Bergantin - is the alpha, but with a modified front fascia and the engine of cars Willys. Typewriter unpretentious, I rebuilt it from the Alfa Romeo 1900 production Brumm. Maybe someone in Argentina and made this model, but I have no such data. SC: Which model would you like to do first? VK: Yes, a lot of what he wanted to do. Postwar Isotta Fraschini Monterossa 8C, for example. Indeed thing had four cars with different bodies, and in the series, they did not. Projects are many, however, some models have someone released.

SC: What are the current trends at manufacturers scale models? What models prefer?
VK: Yes, everything does. Started to close the white spots: 50s, 60s, 70s years. The company has such Anglo-American: Arnolt MG. Chassis MG, the body is made in Italy and sold cars in the United States. Previously, such a model could only dream of, but now it is done.
SC: Any knowhow appeared in the production process? 3D-printers, for example?
BK: No, basically the old do. Only some use 3D-printers.
VK: That 400 Bristol, feel a heavy? It is a white metal, it can be melted at a temperature of just 300 degrees, can be almost in the kitchen pouring into molds. It is a technology for small firms and small print runs.

That revived Stutz 70, one of my favorite cars. It silumin, industrial production. Circulation more and cheaper models are obtained. But the temperature is required above and no rations, this material can not be. If bent, do not fix. But Maico, Ukrainian production, it is electroplating. Inside a body covered in pimples. By the way, in the manufacture of a large number of out of marriage, we have to polish, putty.

VK: There is a body of epoxy, prices now on these models down - many companies began to transfer production to China. There is a rare American supercar Vector, making this machine as a French firm whale Provence Moulage. Circulation large, several hundred, but scattered quickly. And four years ago, this model produced a firm Spark, collected and for the price of a whale. Because the production was moved to China, so she fell.
SC: Where better to buy a model, book? In Europe?
VC: Models best on the continent. In England, they are, however, more expensive. If you know the place, you can find a lot of interesting things. At each store there are certain customers, under which the owner adjusts the range. For example, in a basement shop in Greece, I found quite a decent selection of models.
Something interesting can be found on the exchanges that take place on weekends: rent a large room in which to put tables models, sometimes two hundred tables. Customers generally do not change machines, and buy and sell. Can be traded, and the prices are cheaper.
In Paris and Milan have great stores of automotive literature.

SC: That's imagine that people read our material, or see models of machines on the Internet, kiosk, shop and decided to collect. Where it should start?
VK: Let go down to the store and buys his favorite model. And then - he develops smart buys books on the history of the car. Novice collectors need to decide what he wants to collect the car which country, period, scale. For example, the range of a single year. America 40-ies - is one thing, 50 - more. 20 years is enough classes. Someone will collect the Swiss machine: Sbarro, Felber, Monteverdi, can be Brazilian.
Belgians difficult to collect after the war, there are few who do. I can not find a military jeep Minerva, which made for a license Land Rover. Model released a small circulation in Belgium to find a need, perhaps, to go there.
The Japanese, too difficult to collect, they are selectively made. They have a firm Ebbro, it produces a machine 60s or modern.
SC: And if the mail order model? VK: I do not advise. Sometimes the package comes in a terrible state: bumper broken and broken rack. Okay, cheap car, and even a rare instance of 150-200 dollars. And most importantly, the seller swears that everything was normal.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting