Portrait of an elderly couple: half a century together

In a world that is literally engulfed in an endless succession of short marriages and divorces, there are people who truly honor and respect the data promises to each other, and, for many years.

Photographer Lauren Fleishman (Lauren Fleishman) has created a very moving series of photographs, which show couples who have lived together for at least fifty years. We are offering themselves portraits and brief history of each pair.

Moses Rubinstein 88 years old and his wife 85. All they want - to live together for at least another 5-6 years: "We hope to wait for their weddings grandchildren. This is the most important thing, after the unwillingness to stand alone ».

Angie Terranova about the relationship with her husband: "When you live together for decades, it is not notice of aging. This is very important. Nobody thinks that tomorrow you will already be 84, and you further grow old. Enjoy every instant sharing ».

Evgeny Kissin: "I met his wife at a dance in 1938. A friend invited to the dance, and promised that there will be a lot of beautiful girls. To my future wife already approached one guy, but she turned him down in dance. I was afraid, but took a chance. So it all started to happen ».

Leila Ramos: "We are getting older and this is unavoidable. But we're not in my heart, and every day feeling only grow stronger. At least, so I feel and believe that my husband too. He - my first love ».

Gold Pollack: "We knew before the war. However, he was much older and was not paying attention to me. After returning from the war, we take a closer look. It was not love at first sight. In August, we will celebrate 63 years as we live together ».

Sheila Newman: "I had to write a paper on music. Mom advised to go to David. He said that will help, but only on condition that the work I'm still going to write itself. Music - that we pull together. And then he invited me to a meeting of army friends ».

Shapirshteyn Jacob: "What is the secret of love? Sorry, I do not reveal their secrets ».

Tags

See also

New and interesting