Triangles in the movies

Love triangles - is not a new romantic theme, but still relevant. In the movie, as in real life, someone drops out to play the role of the third superfluous. Strange, but for some reason, the "third" in the ordeal of love becomes a loved one is a pair: a friend, a friend, a brother or sister. The pattern? Perhaps ...

The cinema is rich in examples of situations to avoid in order not to cause emotional trauma themselves or dear man. It is easy, of course, say "avoid", but in fact it is easier to stop the affair before she could reach the climax. So, love triangles in the movie, truthful and instructive.

"Something Borrowed" (2011)
Love triangle: Rachel (Ginnifer Goodwin), Dex (Colin Eglsfild) Darcy (Kate Hudson)

Rachel loves Dax, who, by chance, is engaged to her best friend Darcy. I agree, not the best option. When Rachel and Dex finally realize that they can no longer ignore their feelings, they ... What am I going to tell you, look better than this romantic comedy.

"Casablanca" (1942)
Love Triangle: Rick (Humphrey Bogart), Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman), Victor (Paul Henreid)

Far from politics Rica fall to documents allowing to navigate through areas not occupied by Germany. Suddenly, his life appears the former love, Ilsa and her husband, the head of the resistance in the Czech Republic. Risking their lives, abandoning their own happiness with Ilsa, Rick makes a married couple.

"Best Friend's Wedding" (1997)
Love Triangle: Julian (Julia Roberts), Michael (Dermot Mulroney), Kimberly (Cameron Diaz)

Best friends Julianne and Michael is still at the university agreed to get married, if they find a mate and 28 years old. It would have been if Michael for a couple of days before the fateful birthday, Julian did not send an invitation to the wedding with a hot blonde Kimberly. I would not like to be in her place!

"The Graduate" (1967)
Love Triangle: Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft), Benjamin (Dustin Hoffman), Elaine (Katharine Ross)

College graduate Benjamin began an affair with two women: the wife of a business partner and the father of her daughter. It is strange that he has not rolled up to his grandmother!

"Twilight. Saga. Eclipse "(2010)
Love Triangle: Edward (Robert Pattinson), Bella (Kristen Stewart), Jack (Taylor Lautner)

With the triangle Bella Jack Edward did not know, probably only deaf and blind, so I think that my comments here are unnecessary.

"Bridget Jones's Diary" (2001)
Love Triangle: Mark (Colin Firth), Bridget (Renee Zellweger), Daniel (Hugh Grant)

In my opinion, a great story, showing that do not necessarily have the model looks to find himself, loving selflessly. And it is not scary, on the way to meet him rascals.

"Match Point" (2005)
Love Triangle: Nola (Scarlett Johansson), Chris (Jonathan Rhys Meyers), Chloe (Emily Mortimer)

In this thriller Woody Allen twisted love triangle with a fatal outcome. Someone dies and by whose hand, I advise you find yourself looking this difficult but interesting movie.

"Reality Bites" (1994)
Love Triangle: Troy (Ethan Hawke), Lelayna (Winona Ryder), Michael (Ben Stiller)

Lelayna bad guy loves Troy. By chance, she meets Michael, who is interested in her work - shooting a documentary video. Lelayna tossing it to one, then to another. The result is Troy. Although the "remains" - a bad word after a night spent together, Troy begins to ignore it.

"Vicky Cristina Barcelona" (2008)
Love Triangle: Cristina (Scarlett Johansson), Juan Antonio (Javier Bardem), Maria Elena (Penelope Cruz)

Surprise! Another film in which Scarlett become part of a love triangle. In it, she plays a girl, traveling in search of adventure. Cristina (Johansson) finds them with the Spanish artist and his ex. Penelope Cruz, by the way, for the role of his ex-wife received 4 awards.

"Sabrina" (1954)
Love Triangle: Linus (Humphrey Bogart), Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn), David (William Holden)

Rich man, poor girl - like the story of Cinderella. With a small correction: two wealthy men, and they are brothers. But only one of them loves Sabrina!

"While You Were Sleeping" (1995)
Love Triangle: Peter (Peter Gallagher), Lucy (Sandra Bulllok), Jack (Bill Pullman)

Ticket collector Lucy accidentally saves Peter from death. He is alive but in a coma. Family Peter takes Lucy for his bride. Dreaming of a family comfort, she is not trying to put them out of delusion. For a time, until Peter is unconscious, Lucy falls in love with his brother Jack. With whom she eventually left? Screening the film to the end - and you'll learn.

"Love Actually" (2003)
Love Triangle: Mark (Andrew Lincoln), Juliet (Keira Knightley), Peter (Chiwetel Ejiofor)

Peter and Juliet - the couple, Mark - their best man, for a long time in love with Juliet. In his video, shot at their wedding, just close-ups of the bride. A touching story, but quite sad.

"Gone with the Wind" (1939)
Love Triangle: Rat (Clark Gable), Scarlett (Vivien Leigh), Ashley (Leslie Howard)

Remind: Scarlett loves Ashley, but Ashley loves Melanie. Gradually love Ashley is displaced to a new sense of Rat Butler. I think to go into detail it makes no sense: the film has long been a classic that can not be forgotten.

"Legends of the Fall" (1994)
Love triangle or a square: Susannah (Julia Ormond), Ludlow brothers - Alfred (Aidan Quinn), Tristan (Brad Pitt), Samuel (Henry Thomas)

Younger brother brings his bride's house. The pair can not get married as the war begins. All the brothers go to war. Beloved Suzanne died, and she, like the baton (sorry for the comparison!), Moves from one brother to another.

Photo: marieclaire.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting