David LaChapelle

David LaChapelle can be called a genius of photography. Work with him dream of the most influential people of the world, and celebrities lining up just to feel the power of his talent. Today, David LaChapelle is among the ten most highly paid and sought after photographers of the world. It creates no pictures, he creates his own vision of the world.

David LaChapelle was not seventeen, when the legendary Andy Warhol (who, incidentally, was his idol since childhood) invited him to work on shooting for a famous magazine. Then began a colorful story of an eccentric photographer.

LaChapelle has unique abilities to turn the banal into a beautiful, boring - in a fun and commonplace - in the extraordinary. On account of his cooperation with such monsters of show business, Madonna, Eminem, David Beckham, Angelina Jolie, Kurt Cobain, Britney Spears and Michael Jackson.

Madonna:

His portraits of people look as if they have fun with it.

Britney Spears

Milla Jovovich

Rose McGowan

Angelina Jolie

Pamela Anderson

Lil Kim

Shakira

Paris Hilton

Backstreet Boys

Cameron Diaz

Hugh Hefner

Tupac

Tommy Lee

Missy Elliott

Ewan McGregor

Kirsten Dunst

Matt Dillon

Michael Jackson

Drew Barrymore

Courtney Love

Marilyn Manson

Eminem

Robert Downey Jr.

Uma Thurman

Naomi Campbell eyes of David LaChapelle

David LaChapelle is called the Salvador Dali of photography. Agree, very pretty comparison. Each of his photos - a story with meaning, background and development of the plot.

If my head is empty and there are no ideas in my blog, which I do sketches, I stimulate the imagination of the Renaissance paintings, architecture, erotic paintings, old issues of the magazine Playboy, the history of fashion and listening to music. I'm trying to stir your imagination. It's like a muscle that just have to get going. As soon as it turns out, the idea is not to stop.

Gisele Bundchen - the favorite muse of photographer provocateur

The distinguishing feature of all work LaChapelle - it's amazing colors. It caused a storm of emotions - this is what the photographer is trying to achieve, choose a similar color.

I'm really working on the specific colors that are able to act on the human imagination. They are exciting, fresh, attract attention. It is also very important is light, it helps to achieve the desired shade, and the desired degree of color saturation.

In the works of the photographer often viewed religious themes. Many people may call it "a mockery of the most sacred", "blasphemy" and "insulting mockery," I also believe that it is a new perspective on our lives.

A series of photos titled "David LaChapelle Heaven" with Michael Jackson and Naomi Campbell.

Another series of work Lachapelle is called "My buddy Jesus" and shows the biblical scene transferred into the modern world. I want to say that the image of Jesus blend in with everyday scenes of everyday life.

Another series of controversial and even shocking photos of David was established within the framework of the election campaign in the US in 2008. Her idea was to attract people as possible to vote in the presidential elections, to show that everyone has a voice and that "shut his mouth can only yourself." Among others, the event was attended by Jessica Alba, Christina Aguilera and soloist «Outcast» Andre Benjamin.

Tags

See also

New and interesting