Amerikanskay model Amber Valletta

In my opinion, in runet undeservedly little information about the American model and actress Amber Valletta. The maximum that can be found about it - is that it was a girlfriend of Leonardo DiCaprio. But Valletta is still in demand glossy magazines despite his age - 37 years old, which is considered almost a pension in the fashion business.

Born starlet podium and screen in Tucson, Arizona, and grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She graduated from Catholic High School and continued her education in high school. In parallel with this girl attended modeling school, where her mother led. Young Amber dreamed of becoming a sociologist, but fate decreed otherwise.

It was noticed in school models and sent to Mecca fashion - Milan, where she quickly made a career, starting with the work of the Italian edition of «Vogue».

Fame came to her after the photo shoot for the French «Elle». She appears at fashion shows brands such as Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, Alberta Ferretti, Jil Sander, Gucci, DKNY, Valentino, Prada, Chanel and Versace.

In 1996, she became the representative of Elizabeth Arden for exclusive international brand companies. In 1995-1996, together with his girlfriend, also a model Shalom Harlow replaces Cindy Crawford in the program «House of Style». In 1995, already a famous model, Amber organizes in his home town fashion show Supermodels Stepping Out Against Hunger.

In 2000, Valletta tries his hand at cinema, playing a supporting role in the independent film "Throw ten yards back." This was followed by more serious work: "What Lies Beneath", where she starred with Michelle Pfeiffer and Harrison Ford, "Family Man" - Nicolas Cage. To date, Amber took part in more than a dozen films.

According to her, she is very fond of the acting profession.

My acting teacher always told me that I should use what is given to me and that if I did not create, it will destroy itself.

Valletta was the first husband of Hervey Lee Bihan, also a model. Their marriage lasted only two years, ended in divorce in 1996. The second time model and actress married the famous volleyball player Christian McCaw. The couple have a son, Aiden, was born in October 2000. By the way, with him the model appeared on the cover of American «Vogue» in March this year.

Amber Valletta for W, September 2011:

Tags

See also

New and interesting