Kristin Scott Thomas

The film "The English Patient" I watched many times, and I've always great pleasure to review it again and again, despite the high drama of the story. Jewelry admires the work of actors and draws on the depth of all the subtleties of human experience, tied, as always, to love. Juliette Binoche, received for his role of "Oscar", Ralph Fiennes, nominated for the same big prize and, of course, Kristin Scott Thomas, the only one (in the image of the heroine) could so read Herodotus around the campfire in the desert, that after watching the film tempted to take up reading and is famous for the ancient Greek historian.
But once to enroll in drama school Kristin categorically stated that she had no talent, and she should occupy yourself with something else.
When I decided to enter the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain, they have rejected me, literally on the move. Then I tried to go to London drama school, but they do not even look at me did not. Just say, "Look, why do you need all this? You do not have the same talent. And if you too want to play Lady Macbeth, look in the phone book contact your local drama club. " And I said, "Thank you for the adviceĀ» .

Kristin Scott Thomas was born in England, a small town. As a child she experienced two tragedies: first, when she was 5 years old, lost her father on a mission, the pilot, and a few years later under similar circumstances, was killed and her stepfather, also served as a Royal Navy pilot. Christine studied at a private school for girls, and since then has experienced not too pleasant feelings, while in the women's team.
For me there is nothing worse than an evening in female company. I'd better go and get drunk one.

She always dreamed of becoming an actress, but after relentless words about the absence of her talent, Christine moved to Paris. And suddenly there is life to paint new colors: she enrolled at the Paris National School of Arts and met her future muzha.Esli I had not become an actress, I probably would have done the secretary. Print letters, I always pretty well.

And in 1986, she made her film debut, Christine starred in the movie "Under the cherry moon" with the pop star Prince. And although the film ended up as a failure in every sense, aspiring actress was presented to the international moviegoer.
Critics hated me after the movie "Under the cherry moon" (flopped at the box musical drama 1986, directed by singer Prince, and in which Kristin Scott Thomas starred). It was for me a real baptism of fire. Or, to be more precise, it was a bucket of slops poured out on me - review of the film were monstrous. So after that I decided that from now on I will never read reviews of films, of which I myself can not say anything good.

The real success and with it fame Kristin had only two years, starring in the motion picture magnificent Charles Sturridge 'Handful of dust. " She was so inspired by the first success, she decided to stay and live in France and married a Frenchman, in which was never confused vlyublenna.Menya scale offered me the role. After all, the role of the scale - this is not the scale of fees. Although the scale of the fee rarely bothers me.

But the French cinema was not a constant companion, and after sitting for a while without a job, Christine returns home and turns right. In it, as a golden snow on his head, dumped role in the sensational film "Four Weddings and a Funeral." It was 1994, and it was the present worldwide recognition and fame. And the real reward is a BAFTA award for Best Supporting Actress. As a result, Kristin works in England and lives in his beloved France.
People always told me I was beautiful. But the beauty - is not the same thing as attraction, but the fact that I'm attractive, I'm still pretty much doubt.

Once there were other well-known films, among them the famous "The English Patient" and numerous nominations, including an Oscar.
But I was terrified when starred in this film. I had a great fear that I could not play. Nobody wanted me to be shot in that role - in addition to the director, Anthony Minghella. Until then, I was a character actress who played small roles. During filming, I woke up in a panic, worrying that they have invested so much in me and that if I ruin everything.

In addition to the movie Kristin satisfy their creative ambitions and on the stage. Great strides have been met by its role in Chekhov's "Three Sisters" and "The SeagullĀ».
I always wanted to be on stage. Cinema - it's just a consumer product, and the theater - it's a different form of existence.

But with the development of its successful career as a movie and theater, her marriage, which already had three children, he has cracked. Christine even twisted romance with the actor, who was younger than her 13 years.
Sometimes when I look at the photos, it seems to me that in 25 years face I was much older than today.

Now Christine is very popular as an actress, she lives with her children in a luxury apartment in Montmartre and meets periodically with close friends: Charlotte Rampling, Gerard Depardieu, Jane Birkin and its partners in the film "The English Patient", Juliette Binoche and Ralph Faynnsom. < br /> Still, life is better than the book - you can not just look at the end.

Tags

See also

New and interesting