Frozen in time

33-year-old photographer Scott Linstead creates pictures in which animals and insects as though frozen in time. A former teacher spends about a week in an ambush by setting flashes and tripods.

1. In most cases, the speed of response of the human eye and the lens enough to make the photo manually. Some of these photos were taken in nature, others - on his kitchen table in a warehouse or in a pet store. (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

2. "Learn a particular animal's behavior - not a problem, choose a harder technique and a way to apply this knowledge. I manage to photograph the phenomenon, occurring once a day, and sometimes even less. The use of special tools and devices is very helpful when the photographer may not be the right moment to take a picture, or is he just does not have time, because the action is too fast. " (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

3. Scott from Quebec, Canada. He says that the love of vysokskorostnoy life in the wild requires a lot of patience, but the results are worth it. " "The worst thing is when for the perfect shot have all the parts, except for one, and, some minor. For example, a conventional idler, who decided to ask, what am I doing here, and frightened insect. This is partly why I decided to take some pictures in the studio. " (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

4. Scott brought Bryzgunov skipjack from Singapore and placed over their aquarium of live grasshoppers to fish jumped out of the water and spit on the prey. "The most important thing - not just capture the moment" spitting ", but does not capture the reflections on the glass of the aquarium." (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

5. "This is the behavior I photographed accidentally. Generally, these fish just spit on the victim, but as they say, if the mountain will not come to Magomed grasshopper ... I had no chance. " (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

6. This photo Bee pollen has been done on the kitchen table Scott. "I took this picture in the room, because he wanted complete control over the light and the behavior of the insect. Everything was ready in advance. Once the picture was taken, the bee flew quietly to the open window and flew away with a clear conscience. " (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

7. Scott lured to his studio jay, scattered everywhere favorite treats birds. (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

8. This picture basilisk than usual, running on the water, was made on the stock with a high-speed flash. (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

9. Dwarf petauridae, special wings that allow it to glide between trees, captured here during the flight in the studio Scott. (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

10. Pictures outdoors made a more traditional way, using a hand-held camera with a high shutter speed. This great gray owl was photographed during a storm in Ontario. (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

11. The bat flies over the water in Arizona. (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

12. Scott spent four days in an ambush on the edge of the pond in Kangasala, Finland, to make this a snapshot of the sea hawk. "It is a place near the city of Tampere - one of the best places on earth where you can make these pictures." (Scott Linstead / Solent News)

via source

Tags

See also

New and interesting