Evening AFI Life Achievement Award in 2012 vs. Ball amfAR Inspiration Gala 2012

For the last day in the world of the rich and famous it was the whole two events - this evening AFI Life Achievement Award in 2012 in Culver City and the annual ball amfAR Inspiration Gala in New York. Both events were rich in beautiful faces, stylish outfits and talented individuals, but first things first.

Award AFI Life Achievement Award was established in 1973 by the American Film Institute, to reward outstanding people from the film world for their contribution to American culture. Each year the Institute chooses one single person who is worthy of this award, and this year this man was the brilliant Shirley MacLaine. Shirley - not only the "Oscar-winning" actress, she is also a director, screenwriter, producer, in general, for his long life she had (and still have time) to do much. At the ceremony, she said: "I have lived my life. Evaluate it - your prerogative, "but this evaluation is not needed, and all so clear.

From great people to the red carpet. Meryl Streep with the culprit celebration. On Meryl wonderful ensemble of lush skirts and blouses from the Valentino Couture. The actress often wears a skirt with a blouse instead of an evening dress on the red carpet, and likewise has become its hallmark. We have I think Meryl looks great - very gentle and at the same time, mature way.

Very touching photo.

Katherine Heigl in evening dress with sexy cut by Monique Lhuillier. The dress looks good, though among such a variety of designer creations, you could choose something more interesting, but so be it. Although the dress compared to what was in the chest, Catherine above, looks still very good. Makeup Katherine is awful - up eyes and lipstick fuchsia, which is not really an actress (I would in her place would be better to choose a classic red). And Catherine has finally should do something with the hair - they look dull, and the roots (apparently recently dyed) cast reddishness.

Unlike Katherine, Mena Suvari in the evening it looked just fine. Actress chiffon dress was ivory with a multi-layer long skirt and an open back. I am even ready to close their eyes to lace flowers at the waist, so Mena looks good. The image was very refined and delicate, but it is not look at the actress's back - a tattoo, which opens up a cutout waist gives it sexy.

I am very glad that Jennifer Aniston finally changed her mini dress and put on something a little more elegant. In my opinion, the image of Jen - the best at the ceremony AFI Life Achievement Award 2012. Though Burberry dress looks pretty simple, no frills, and his style can be called a classic, the whole outfit looks just perfect. Apparently, the whole point here is not in the clothes, and the woman who wears it - Jennifer looks beautiful.

Jen and Meryl Streep.

Dakota Fanning once again pleased us with his attire. Despite the fact that the young actress has returned to her normal hair (remember the last time we saw her with the collected hair), she looks great. At Dakota two shades of coral dress from the new collection of Gucci. In general, the dress itself looks very simple, but it certainly enliven the brutal accessories with gold rivets. I really like the combination of delicate silk and aggressive elements - the opposite mix of styles and made the whole image.

While the majority of the ladies at the party chose evening dresses, Melanie Griffith opted everyday ensemble. Actress was fitting dress-case and shorter cardigan, all decorated with a zigzag print. In general, the image looks pretty good, although I would have removed the diamond necklace (earrings is enough), but the figure of the actress even say nothing - it's beautiful, and Mel, incidentally, is already 54.

"Pretty Woman" Julia Roberts, unfortunately, did not pass the red carpet, but to see her outfit could be on the stage, where she expressed her admiration for Shirley MacLaine. The dress Julia was pretty simple (in the evening almost all the ladies have relied on a simple style), but very elegant. To give the image of solemnity, the actress has added his diamond necklace - the perfect finishing touch.

Another event that attracted stellar people, has become a traditional charity auction and dinner amfAR Inspiration Gala. Let me remind you, the world organization amfAR collects money for the fight against AIDS, and celebrity guests happy to help her in this.

Fergie complained about the ball at the two-layer dress Calvin Klein with a shiny finish and leather inserts. Following the minimalist aesthetics of the fashion house, the singer has added the image of a simple black boat and a small clutch. I believe that this dress very becoming Fergie - it looks like it is very elegant, and I would even say, a thoroughbred. Wild Child on stage in everyday life Fergie knows how to dress elegantly.

Hilary Swank chose a dress for the ball very dangerous lengths rezortnoy collection of Marc Jacobs. The length of the ankle threatened to shorten the leg twice and this time came that way - get the length of the body and the legs short. In any case, the choice of the actress was very original - a white dress decorated with tough fabric and black lace looks very unbanal, and I really like it a splash of color with a red nail polish and simple accessories. With all my love for Hillary, I can not call this bow sexy actress - feminine - yes, sexy - no.

Hilary Fergie, designer Francisco Costa and and CEO of fashion house Marc Jacobs, Robert Duffy.

Black and white colors was clearly in favor at amfAR Inspiration Gala this year. Here and Rose McGowan chose a black dress decorated with silver, "Indian cucumber", by Marc Jacobs. I like the choice of Rose, but I would make the dress a little longer - the body in the form of an open neckline and so enough. For the rest, I do not like - perfect selection of accessories and a simple sleek ponytail looks much better than a complicated hairstyle or curls.

Tags

See also

New and interesting