Jazz version of the song You and I

Lady Gaga released the "first sign" of the promised next year's album, recorded with Tony Bennett crooner - jazz arrangements on their 2011 single «You and I». The song appeared on YouTube on December 17 and during that time managed to "nakolyadovat" less than three and a half thousand views. It is negligible even for arranging the hit-caliber actress Gaga, but she never wanted to PR this track, because, as she admitted in an interview with one of the autumn, "jazz - this is for the soul, but not for sale."

Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett
In a joint album with Bennett Gaga will include new songs as well as jazz arrangements of old hits both artists. This compilation will be released no earlier than spring 2013, and is likely to be non-commercial.
As for jazz version of «You and I», then, according to the recognition of the Lady Gaga, her idea was born after a joint raspivaniya whiskey and jazz musician Brian Newman. Subsequently, Newman helped Gaga and producer Marion Evans arrangement.

What they did, we can estimate now. Personally, my opinion - you can hear it, but to the classics of the genre it away. In Gaga is not the tone to earnestly perform jazz compositions. Although the taste and color ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting