Portrait of Kate Middleton

The collection of the National Portrait Gallery in London has a new valuable exhibit - now in its walls kept the first official portrait of the Duchess of Cambridge. The author of the paintings, executed in the technique of glaze (applying transparent layers of paint on top of it in order to achieve more complex, deep shades), became an artist Paul Emsley. Kate Middleton personally involved in the selection of the artist for his portrait - she studied art history at the University of St Andrews, and well versed in the art.

65-year-old Emslie, who, incidentally, is the recipient of many awards in the arts, was excited by the opportunity to work with the Duchess of Cambridge and considered it an honor to be selected from a plurality of candidates. Create a picture taken a few months, and she posed for Kate Emsley twice rest of the time the artist worked from photos Middleton:

The Duchess told me that wants to be looked realistic portrait - she wanted to appear before the audience present, and not what it is seen at official receptions. She seemed very open, generous and pleasant person. Initially it was assumed that she would not smile, but then I decided to add a smile on her face - I think it's the right choice.
Despite the fact that the artist said that he was very easy to work on the portrait, the product has received very mixed reviews from critics - many said that the portrait "has nothing to do with Kate" and "sostarivayut Duchess of at least 15 years" and journalists called it "disgusting." However, she was very pleased Middleton work Emslie and her husband even called portrait "stunning." We agreed with him the rest of the family.

Tags

See also

New and interesting