Losing Valuev

Stuttgart, April 15 (New Region, Vsevolod Yaguzhinskii) - A year later, a Russian professional boxer Nikolai Valuev will be ready to take revenge for the defeat in the fight against Ruslan Chagaev. As the correspondent of "New Region", said the head of the German promotional company Sauerland Events Wilfried Sauerland, representing Valuev.

World heavyweight boxing champion of the World Boxing Association (WBA) heavyweight champion 33-year-old Nikolai Valuev at the end of the 12-round bout that last night took place in Stuttgart, Germany, was unable to defend his title in a fight against the first number in the rankings Uzbek Ruslan Chagaev - the mandatory challenger for the title.

"I did not expect that it will last 12 rounds. The judges' decision right, "- said Sauerland. However, he said that the question of the fight between Nikolai Valuev and Ukrainian professional boxer Wladimir Klitschko is now removed from the agenda. "This topic has been exhausted," - he said.

"If the fight rematch makes sense, I always" for ", - said the head of the promotion company Universum Box Promotion Klaus-Peter Kohl, representing Chagaev.

"Ruslan today was better - said Valuev outcome of the battle. - I made a lot of mistakes. " This Valuev has agreed with the opinion of the judges, who awarded victory Chagaev.

"I'm still very small, but it did not really matter - said Chagaev, which is 28 cm lower than the opponent. - I'm a world champion. My big dream came true. " 27-year-old Chagaev beat Valuev on points (111: 117, 113: 115, 114: 114), it was his 24th victory.

"Everyone expected that Ruslan will be torn forward, - said coach Michael Timm. - But he did not and smart counter-inflicted blows. This tactic has become the key to success. " This - the first defeat Valuev in professional fights. During his career Russian won 46 fights, 34 of them by knockout. Height Valueva 2, 13, weighing 144 kg 7. Chagaev growth - 1, 85, his weight - 104 kg, reported Vesti.ru.

Tags

See also

New and interesting