A female elephant leads an active lifestyle

Mandy Sellars (Mandy Sellars) - not the luckiest man in this life. It is "happy" owner "Proteus syndrome» (Proteus Syndrome), the disease that causes unusual growth of the skull, bones or skin. Her legs are 3 times more body - 89 centimeters in circumference and more than 70 kg of weight ...

But Mandy was not discouraged ...

When she was born, her legs were unusually large, and from year to year only continued to grow, although the body has normal size ...

Despite his illness, Mandy Sellars very active and creative person ...

And even now, when it is threatened by amputation of both limbs, it claims that it is ready to accept it as a new form of his life ...

"Without legs will be easier for me to go snowboarding or rafting on rafts," - joking Mendy ...

Now the 32-year-old Sellars conducts company, trying to draw attention to this unusual syndrome.

In May 2006 she underwent a full examination in the clinic, where she met other media of this unusual disease. "I wanted to find other people who are in the same position as I am, and to support them ...»

Total in the world there are about 120 people with this incurable disease ...

And the most famous patient was the "Elephant Man" - Joseph Merrick. About the famous Briton in 1980, director David Lynch, even made a film, which was nominated for the "Oscar" of the eight nominations ... This film was about human dignity ... Grim John Hurt, who played Merrick, was established on the basis of the presented at the Royal London Hospital Joseph Merrick's body preserved in alcohol. His daily strip occupied by the actor 12 hours a day ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting