Hollywood actor Wesley Snipes sentenced to 3 years in prison

Hollywood actor Wesley Snipes sentenced to 3 years in prison
Famous American actor sentenced to three years
in prison for tax evasion.

In addition, the actor must pay a fine of $ 5 million. The outside actor verdict on the economic crimes is the maximum. Prosecution of tax evasion in the amount of 2, 7 million dollars was brought Wesley Snipes in 2006. As the lawyer says the actor, he was not aware that he was acting illegally.
During the trial, the lawyers submitted three dozen letters from family members, friends and fellow actors, which describes its wonderful nature. Protection insisted that Snipes is quite conditional sentence, as he had previously not been brought to justice.

The actor in his final speech called himself a victim of the "lack of knowledge of the law."

"I - idealist, naive, sensitive artist, guided by the spirit and the search for the truth, ignorant of the science of law and finance. My fame and wealth attracted wolves and jackals who flocked to me like flies on meat, "- said U.Snayps. According to him, he had the best of intentions, to realize that his lack of education prevented.

Despite the efforts of the actor's lawyers to commute the sentence, they could not do that.

Wesley Snipes is familiar to viewers from the trilogy "Blade" films and "The Destroyer," "Passenger 57", "Money Train" and many other paintings.

Tags

See also

New and interesting