Russian village on the photo Asmus Remmer (15 pics + text)

Asmus Remmer born October 18, 1909 in Germany in Langbalig. He worked as a photographer specializing in portraiture, genre and landscape photography. Was the owner of his own studio with darkroom. In 1937 he passed the exam for the title of master of photography. From 1940 to 1945. - Wehrmacht soldiers. He served in the infantry, in the 1942-1943 biennium. participated in the fighting in Russia, then in France. In May 1945, was an American POW camp, where he returned in the autumn of the same year.

From the diary of Asmus Remmer:

"We were dropped off at the train station in Pavlinova (Kaluga region) in the Kirov forest near Moscow. We made a long night shift before before sunrise saw the first Russian village. Snow-covered house arose unexpectedly. From the chimneys in a pink morning sky smoke rose. Russian woman to draw water from the well. I had a feeling as if I read the Bible, and I said, "And here we are at war?". At this point, I felt sick and my friends made me into the house. When he awoke, he saw standing in front of me on my knees Russian girl who gave to drink me with a teaspoon of hot milk with honey. I told her: "I could have killed your husband, and you're worried about me».

When we passed through other Russian village, the more I became clear that it would be correct to conclude as soon as possible with Russian world. On made me photographs show that the Russian did not pay attention to my uniforms and treated me more as a friend!

In search of interesting stories I was much more than my friends. Ahead of our column, I took a photo of a long line of horse-drawn carts among beautiful trees. It's called "How in 1812". We have passed more than 1,000 kilometers into the Russian Empire, and all this time I kept the idea in what condition we leave this country when we leave it ... ».

All shot - Kaluga region, 1942-1943,. At that time, he had a small camera "Fohtlender" camera "Plaubel-Makina" (6x9) and color film "Agfa" for shooting slides. Photographer works were shown at exhibitions in Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod in 2003.

Tags

See also

New and interesting