I'm homeless

At night they sleep on those benches on which we rest in the afternoon, eat what we nedoeli and wears something that we will never put on. They are much closer to us than it might seem. And we have much more in common than we think

Juma, 43, a former soldier, 5 years on the street: "Last time I was in Africa. Before that was in Afghanistan, Nagorno-Karabakh, Chechnya ... In Somalia I trained 20 militants, I'm a former sniper ... »

- In 1996, the family gave me two thousand dollars and put out of the house. At first I rented an apartment, but already 5 years living on the streets

- The dream I have one - that my former soldiers who were killed, did not come to me in a dream ...

Suhrab, 28 years old, a former pupil of children's home: "I was the last year living on the street, before that spent eight years in a mental hospital. There's my grandfather was sitting, he Minister of Health, Zhaksylyk Doskaliyev. I was made to me to him in a nursing home and then took me go. I actually did not need compulsory treatment, I was illegally sent there »

- I wanted to go to Russia, I did not give ... Here in Kazakhstan, we are forced to live on the streets, and if we start to work, then thrown into a mental hospital!

- Bottles I do not rent, eat from the garbage. Drink water from the river, I have enough ...

- My dream is to work again with my friend Titalom. We were once on Auezov-Tole of thousands of chickens a day selling ...

Angela, 33 years old, a former seamstress, lived on the street for 10 years. "When I was a baby, his mother left me on the tree. They found me a policeman, who first took me to her. Then his wife died of cancer and I was put into an orphanage. The orphanage was good only for the New Year. To us came all sorts of rich people gave gifts. One even came Alpysovna Sarah! »

- After six months the orphanage I worked at Almaty Cotton Plant. There also was a hostel, but then we were thrown out

- I used to work as a prostitute in a hotel, stayed there for 8 years. It was good when a client paid for a room until the morning, I remained in the room. This year I want to go there, too, can take

- After orphanage I got married and had a son. He now lives in Astana in-law. When I gave birth, I did not know what the Kazakhs put the first child to give her husband's parents

- My dream is to get married to a man, who has an apartment and make it work. And if he is a private home, it was to a bath and TV. Child birth wish, I am tired to live on the street ...

Kambar, 47 years old, a former conductor of 18 homeless. "I live at the station: here people leave a lot of food. There where to stay, I have everything here everybody knows »

- My dream is to meet with the family, they live in Taraz. With his wife and sons, Guria Nurlan, Nurzhan and Azamat

Abish, 48, a former railway worker, living on the street for 10 years. "My wife took the kids and left, leaving me without a family ...»

- I want to I had the documents. I was able to get to work ...

and can be will build a family ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting