10 powerful portraits of seriously wounded soldiers, which show the ugly face of war.

Photographer David J. specializes mainly in all that is related to beauty and fashion. Yes, on the cover of a glossy magazine, it looks impressive and beautiful, but all of these images, as recognized David, far from reality. However, glamorous celebrities and writing beauty - it's not all that gets in the lens of his camera.

Three years ago, Jay's priorities have changed a little, and he ran in search of a living emotion. David began photographing seriously wounded soldiers who have returned home after the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

His series of pictures he gave a simple but very soulful title - "Unknown Soldier". Warning: These shocking images show war without embellishment. They worry, concern and inspire horror ... but it's worth knowing anyone and everyone! If all the great politicians of the world, the fate of ordinary people playing in chess, saw these pictures, I'm sure something would shudder in their heart ...

It Nicholas John Vogt - Honorary Lieutenant US Army. A man was seriously injured and became disabled during the war in Afghanistan. B>

David Jay asked the personal approval of each of the soldiers to the publication of their pictures. «You just imagine, imagine how many times each of these men and women heard in the address of the parents who tell their children:" Do not look at him! "This project was for the former military kind of stepping stone to acquiring freedom ... I created these images that we have seen that, in theory, are not supposed to see. But we needed blood from his nose, as we ourselves have created this horror », i> - says David.

Bobby Bernier. During that war, the airplane Bobby was shot down by artillery fire, causing burns to the valiant warrior was 60% of the body. The photo Bernier is holding her little daughter. B>

This is a major US Army - Matt Smith. The picture was taken in a US medical centers. In 2013, during the war in Afghanistan, the bullet severed the femoral artery to Matt, after which he had to amputate the leg. B>

Dzherral Hancock rode in a tank in Iraq when a roadside mine pierced the armor. This picture was taken in a house in Hancock in Lancaster, California, where he lives with his two wonderful kids. B>

«I want to express special thanks to all the men and women who agreed to participate in my project" Unknown Soldier "for their courage and sacrifice ... For me it was a great honor to work perfectly with each of them», i> - Photographer shares his impressions.

5 July 2012 Cedric King was seriously wounded during the execution of their duties in Afghanistan, bringing the man lost both legs.

This 27-year-old Michael Fox - brave marines and just an amazing person. November 15, 2011, Michael had served in Helmand province in Afghanistan. KSAT speaking, this is the first picture taken for the "unknown soldier». B>

Shilo Harris February 19, 2007 has received numerous burns. He lost three of the crew. Shilo and his driver miraculously survived. «This is an incredible man! I'm extremely happy that I have the honor to call him my friend », i> - Jay recognized. B>

«No," Unknown Soldier "- is not a project about the war or politics ... It is more». i>

Similar images cause tremors, but they are sobering and shows the true price war. Her ugly face. While politicians divide the wealth, the war takes away the most precious thing - human lives, destroys families and destinies. Do not be indifferent - show the frightening pictures to your friends.

www.davidjayphotography.com/Artist.asp?ArtistID=2566&Akey=QNZ9HFXP

Tags

See also

New and interesting