I never thought that my own child would turn me out the door, leaving me penniless

My son-in-law is a man without a heart! I realized this a long time ago, even when my daughter stopped helping me with a penny. Although she knows how difficult things are in our village. She left so long ago that her neighbors won’t even remember her when they meet. And her betrothed never visited her mother-in-law, did not call or help. What do you call your daughter's husband who doesn't care about his own mother-in-law?

Unsplash I'm in a tough spot right now. My own child just kicked me out the door, leaving me penniless. Is there really not a drop of good left in this world for old and lonely women like me?

What is the name of a daughter's husband who does not help the family? Oksana has always been quiet and hardworking. God didn’t give me other children, but we managed well together. We have a small house in the village and a small farm: chickens, geese, and once there was a cow. There has been no trace of my husband for a long time, but this is probably fortunate. He was a good-for-nothing man, all he knew how to do was get into debt.

When my daughter graduated from school, she was already 18, and really wanted to go to university in a nearby town. But we, having calculated our modest reserves, decided that we would not be able to afford the university. It was then that I had the idea to send her and my old friend to Poland to earn money. Life there is much better, the city is big, there are all sorts of opportunities. And Oksana thought so too - she packed her things and left with Aunt Nina.

Unsplash Living in Poland to earn money Things went well for her. Although the work was not easy, at a poultry farm, it paid a pretty penny. And I helped my mother - every month I sent 200 euros, and this money was enough for me to live in our small village. It was already hard for me to look after the farm; I sold the cow and the chickens got sick. Only the geese remained for some time.

Less than three years passed, and Oksanka got married. My newly-minted son-in-law, according to my daughter, was one of her commanders, a Pole. In honor of my marriage, I really wanted to see my daughter, and she came. Only without his son-in-law, he has a lot of work.

Unsplash A long-awaited visit from my daughter. She arrived and didn’t bring anything. No, there are all sorts of sweets, sausages - this stuff was enough for another month. But there is no way to help my mother financially. After all, I haven’t been able to find a job for 8 years, it’s hard here. And Oksana herself should have seen that half of the village has died out over the past few years. Only the old people remained, there was no one to work here.

I stayed for a week and went back. Since then, my daughter called less and less often, and then she stopped transferring money altogether. Of course, it wasn't easy for me. It’s awkward to call and ask for money for bread, especially from your own child. Still, it was customary for us for children to look after their elderly. But Oksana was completely absorbed by city life, I saw it. She had her own reason: before it was her money, but now her husband manages the entire budget. She feels embarrassed to take 200 euros for her old lady like that.

Unsplash Looking for a job in the city And then I thought that I could handle it myself. I decided to find a job as a cleaner in the city. This was a mistaken idea, I don’t know how it came into my head. First, I had to get up at 6 am, then shake on the bus for an hour, then work for several hours without straightening my back. Then another hour on the bus, and then evening came. I’ve already become old for this, I still remember how my lower back hurt.

Hard times have come. It was a shame to leave the house - everyone around me owed it. Some get money, some get a bag of potatoes. The neighbors stopped greeting me, my daughter didn’t call. In general, I decided to pack my things and go to where I thought they were waiting for me.

Unsplash It's good that I still have a pair of gold earrings left. I pawned them at a pawnshop, bought a one-way ticket and went. I have had an address since the days when Oksana could send money with a parcel. Oh, that was a long time ago.

Life with her daughter and son-in-law in the same house. I thought that she would see, remember her mother and come to her senses. And at first it seemed that this was what happened - she was glad to see me. And I was doubly happy, because only now I realized how well everything in my daughter’s life worked out.

Unsplash The domina is huge, two-story. With a garden, a fence, wrought iron gates. Apparently, it was her husband who built her house. This means that he really is some kind of foreman. My daughter gave me a guest room (they even have a guest room!) next to the second toilet and bath. There is also a large TV there. I almost had tears in my eyes: I have money for a TV for the guests, but I can’t send money to my mother. But I forgave everything.

Everything was fine: my daughter worked, her husband did too, and I sat at home as quietly as a mouse. I watch TV series and occasionally go to the refrigerator and back. I was neither seen nor heard! I hoped that now I could finally grow old in peace, but no. On the third week, my brother-in-law came to me and asked when I was leaving. Because they will have guests soon, and I am occupying the room.

Unsplash I look at my daughter, and she hides behind her husband and is silent, doesn’t say anything. Then I decided to remind you that I don’t have a penny to my name, I’m a poor elderly woman. But he was not at a loss, opened his wallet and counted out about 800 zlotys for a return ticket. I didn’t have the strength to look at him, but there was nothing to do. I had to take the money and go pack my bags. I myself would not stay in a house where I was so unwelcome. I just didn't think it would work out like this. I always suspected that my son-in-law had foulbrood, but now I know for sure.

My daughter was also adamant - she helped me pack my things, took me to the station and put me on the train, everything went so nicely and calmly. I got into the carriage and immediately burst into tears. Do such wealthy people really not have a room for their old mother? I raised this child, I sent her here, and now I have no place next to her. And I myself don’t know whether my daughter has become spoiled, or whether this monster has changed her so much.

Tags

See also

New and interesting