Dad called with a request to lend money, and his daughter went to him through the snowstorm

Borrowing is the worst thing a person can come to. It all starts with one innocent loan, then another. And then I have to borrow money from relatives or friends, because I have not calculated my own strength. But worst of all, when such a model of behavior is characteristic of one of your family and friends.

The heroine of today's story, Ira, faced a similar problem. While her mother spends all her energy to earn a pretty penny, her father does absolutely nothing. Moreover, he literally begs for money from his own daughter. Is it possible to re-educate an adult irresponsible person?

Life on debt I am 27 years old and now I am 5 months pregnant. So far, only my husband works in our family. But after the decree, I plan to return to the office. Vanya and I live in his apartment, in this regard we are very lucky. However, despite the fact that we did not have the opportunity to live under the same roof with his or my parents, there are still plenty of problems.

Especially when it comes to my father. Now he lives alone, because my mother went to work in Europe. She wants to fulfill her old dream and buy her own apartment. The dwelling of the parents went to the father by inheritance, and the mother has nothing to do with him. She sends most of the money she earns to us for safekeeping. Dad, of course, does not know about this.

Why of course? He's just a terrible spender! And the main problem is that it doesn't work. There are times when he finds himself some kind of hack for a couple of months, and then again on a six-month vacation. At the same time, he has all the audacity to constantly beg for money from us. Sometimes, I gave him some amount, sometimes less, sometimes more. But he never paid back the debt.

Another story happened the other day. Sunday morning, there is a real blizzard outside the window, you can't see it. The phone rings: “Daughter, urgently, please, come! I beg you very much, this is important. " Of course I was scared! She pulled on warmer leggings, several layers of clothing, and a down jacket. In full uniform I flew to my father's place, called a taxi for only 20 minutes!

But it turned out that nothing happened to him! He just needs damn money again! I, naive fool, fell for it ... Almost crying, I said: “Maybe you will find yourself a job ?! How long can you sit on my neck? I'm actually pregnant, in case you forgot! Look at Mom, she's working hard to make her life better. Why don't you want to do the same? " But my father only gave me a meaningful look.

Father's irresponsibility When my husband found out that I had flooded to my father in such weather, he was simply furious. “He will not receive a single kopeck from us anymore. And the point! " - Vanya said in a fit of rage. But how many such stories have already been! Once my father borrowed a fairly large sum of money from us. He said he wanted to undergo a medical examination. Like, the age is not the same, it is necessary to be checked.

I thought the reason was serious. My husband and I gave him some funds. But in vain ... A week later I came to him and saw that he had bought himself a new phone! Just think, this is where a person gets so much impudence? After that incident, we did not communicate for about a month. Dad even found some part-time job then. It can be seen that the life on debt did not bear fruit.

Also, my father constantly asks if my mother sends us money. He doesn't know that she keeps her savings with us. But, apparently, he guesses something. Just a circus! A healthy adult man without a drop of shame begs my mother's hard earned money. Sometimes it seems to me that at some point it will cross a reasonable line. What is a person obsessed with money capable of?

After my last outing in the snow, I decided not to go to my dad anymore. I can no longer tolerate these tricks. Let him figure it out on his own! Mom tells me not to dare to worry about him: not small, he will figure it out himself. But sometimes I feel very sad at heart. I wonder if he’s starving there all of a sudden ... How to get rid of these thoughts and stop babysitting with your father?

From the Editor The main character's mother is right: it is foolish to waste your energy to re-educate your own father. If a person is accustomed to leading a consumerist and freelogging lifestyle , it is unlikely that someone's words will change this. Some kind of shift has to take place within himself.

It seems that the woman went abroad not only to earn money for an apartment. But also because she was tired of pulling on her unemployed husband. I want to believe that a man will rethink the way he lives. Unfortunately, this can take too long. Will your daughter want to communicate with him after so many unpleasant situations?

I wonder what advice you would give to the heroine Irina? Should she try to continue to urge her father to prudence, or all attempts are in vain? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments. Thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting