This abandoned concrete factory architect redid the house. Turned out incredibly cool!

In many cities there are old dilapidated buildings that spoil the appearance. And often simply demolished, not even trying to reconstruct or remake into something else. And the Website wants to show the reader how the architect Ricardo Bofill was able to redo the building of the old cement plant on the outskirts of Barcelona in a comfortable and stylish house.

Ricardo came across this dilapidated factory in 1973 and immediately realized that he wanted to own them

Photo source: Ricardobofill.Somoza then this building was in very poor condition, but the architect was sure I'd be able to make it the full residential home

After several years of thinking through a plan alteration Ricardo and his team began finishing

Now the facade of the building is buried in verdure that partially covers the walls of the building

Ricardo did not get rid of many items related to cement production, organically typing them into the interior

"For me, this cement factory was the best place to live and work," he says Bofill

Each room is decorated in its unique style

Ricardo Bofill says that "after several months of living in this house I have formed the impression that he is protecting me from the outside world"

"For me to live in this house is an ongoing combination of work and leisure in a beautiful place," says architect

Inside and outside the building there are many places where you can just relax

For his working Studio Ricardo chose one of the round towers of the former factory

On the roof is growing moss and grass and planted around the many olive trees, palm and eucalyptus trees

All this gives the building a mystery and makes it unique in its kind

The kitchen in the house is decorated in a simple style and it's easy to fit the whole family of the architect

Despite the fact that the building already live, it is still in the stage of transformation and finding its final form

via www.boredpanda.com/cement-factory-renovation-la-fabrica-ricardo-bofill/

Tags

See also

New and interesting