Our "potato" childhood

The potatoes are sacredIn my childhood we had a garden. And we as the majority of the Soviet people planted potatoes. Efforts were spent on this purpose. Oh, how I hated these family trip "to dig potatoes"! Already with my future husband met, and everything in the garden went, dig the potatoes. 90. There was nothing to eat, potatoes to survive helped.

But only ended years of famine, and all the people kept the potatoes in their life to fill. Plant, acucela, bugs from the grass, then dig. And lost much!

But my parents, like many other parents, persistently faithful to the vegetable garden and potatoes. For many years us kids tried to prove to them that already it is cheaper to buy than to plant, but they did not hand over their positions, as the inhabitants of besieged cities – not handed over their positions to the Nazis. "The potato is sacred". Until a few years in a row not lost the entire crop, dad agreed to buy a sack of potatoes on the market.

Somehow during my work on TV, I agreed with the young Krasnodar businessman about the meeting. Successful, stylish, famous, And he tells me: "I can't, for talks in Paris, fly." "And then on arrival," I said, " coming?" "Does not work, go to my parents to dig potatoes". Pause. I'm confused. "I can't persuade them that it is not necessary, and not to go". I presented him with a briefcase coming down the ramp in an expensive suit, talking on the phone: "Yeah, dad, eat...", of course, potatoes...

Now talking with clients as coach and therapist, I often hear stories of my peers about the history of the potato compulsory conscription, which they had in their childhood and adolescence. This is a story bigger than "how the steel was tempered"! Someone could not even sit down for a few hours, I had to work from early morning to late evening, and then another for the missed ridges to collect potatoes. Parents raise strong men, able and trench digging and bring shells.

the majority of the Soviet people, the garden was a mandatory ritual, a distinctive sign of a normal, "decent" families. do you have a vegetable garden going in the spring to plant potatoes – then you're fine, you're "normal", good, "decent" people, and you're good.Somewhere I still hear the echoes of the potato tradition: relatives of my friends living near the city and I inherited a piece of land, have not found anything better how to plant his potatoes, as if there would be a 10 km away is a supermarket with ten kinds of potatoes, at any time, for any taste. What to do? The garden... potatoes.So did everything our parents did. To do?

How often we can't otlepitsya from the fact that once saved our lives that once worked successfully, it was tested and gave good results. Then it worked, helped and saved, but now no longer. Costly, irrelevant, not necessary, and even harmful already. Time devours and forces of the abyss. But the loyalty we continue this store. True to the tradition of its parent or has its own, when that is necessary, but meaningless and rather harmful now.

This is not only about potatoes, but about faithful relationships, ideas, projects, beliefs. what is to question and to test the relevance, usefulness in the present day.Not to plant potatoes when it's 10 f in a nearby store. Well and if to put, you know exactly why. published

Author: Irina Dubova

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: dybova.ru/news/nashe-kartofelnoe-detstvo-ili-vernost-tradiciyam/

Tags

See also

New and interesting