James Altucher: the SECRET of success — create your own luck!

The last six years I have asked many hard questions. I've asked the people he met. The books that I read. Yourself.

I started my career with a clean sheet 14 times. I came all the way from having to make ends meet, doing the things hated — to love the work I do every day.

After talking with hundreds of people, read about 2000 books in trying to figure out how people re-start their lives to achieve the dream, I wrote the book I wanted to read in the beginning.

Forty million nine hundred sixty thousand four hundred sixteen

James Altacanada the most important in my book. And you don't even need to read it. Here I will outline the principal conclusions to which he came.

First, the world is changing. It is neither good nor bad. But your life will change with it.

94% of the 15 million jobs open for the last eight years, provide either part-time or fully remote work.

The landscape of the labor market is changing. Corporativism that ruled the world for 100 years, ends.

Technology and needs have seized every branch of it, destroyed it, and then created thousands of new, and different ways of achieving success in them.

Understanding what's new in the world — the last step to reboot.

Ten key aspects of the updates:

1. Update — it's a habitEvery day we updated. The river is not in place. Every time you enter it, is another river.

You and I are the same river. We either move forward, or freeze as ice.

2. One lessonLearnone thing every person you meet. No need to learn two. Take just one thing that fascinates you.

You can find thousands of such lessons a year. And your knowledge will be unique.

3. MeaningViktor Frankl talks about this in his classic book "Man's search for meaning". Dan Ariely in his recent book "Award."

Meaning — the building blocks of motivation.

Spend an hour, spend the day, spend a month — write down things that have meaning for you.

Nine million eight hundred forty four thousand nine hundred fifty

Are you an artist? You want to help people? You want to have in life as much freedom as possible?

What "sense" can lead you forward today? One that will help you survive in the worst of circumstances (Frankl and Ariely).

4. ContagiousnessEverything in life is contagious.

Those who are close to you; the words you read or hear; things you see; things you want to learn.

Make sure that you are infected with a secret virus of Superman, which makes you to live each day better than yesterday.

I spoke with Mike Massimino, who twice went to space missions, including participated in the installation of the Hubble telescope.

He told me that four out of ten of his classmates from MIT have become astronauts. The chances of that are billions to one.

It's not luck. You create your luck.

5. Ideas are the currencySomeone asked me this morning: "How can I start over if I have no money?»

Let me tell you something: almost every time I started from scratch, I started from scratch.

I pull out a napkin and start jotting down ideas. I train "ideological" muscle every day. I become a machine for the production of ideas. I use these ideas to help other people to build your network is to write articles that expand my worldview.

People with ideas meet people with money, when the first begins to rise, and the second to go down.

The idea saved me from bankruptcy in five different cases.

6. What's in your five?I write every day.Every day I do something for my podcast. Every day I think about investing. But there are other things I want to change.

I think about myself every day, I want today to be a better writer than I was yesterday. I want to become a better podcaster than you were yesterday. And so on.

I used methods described here to try to get better at these three things every day.

And then the next two that bring meaning into my life and lead me forward every day.

I don't think about anything else. Otherwise you'll have too sprayed.

But the world is changing, and who knows, maybe next year will be another five. It's a reboot.

Ultimately, I want to be better than you were yesterday. Changes don't happen on someone else's orders. Changes occur only inside of you.

7. PersistenceAngela Duckworth, in her excellent book "strength of character" talks about the difference between children with high IQ and those who eventually succeeded. It is not in the intellect.The thing is, how they overcome failures and keep going.

Carol Dweck talks about this in his book "the Flexible mind".

Ice cube — in the film "voice of the streets".

Dan Harris talks about this in his book "10% happier" where he describes drug-induced seizure panic attacks that happened to him in live, and how he coped with it.

Tim ferriss talks about this in "Tools of the titans", when describes his impulses to suicide and how he came to normal.

Brian Koppelman spoke about this when he told me how much he wanted to leave muzykalno business and figured out how to start from scratch in the movie business. "Write what fascinates you," he told me.

But it is not in writing. Do what fascinates you, and no matter how many times you bits life, you will be able to gather and continue your way.

Thirty six million seven hundred eight thousand seven hundred eleven

You will forget about these attacks and will find in the lives of these beautiful, shining things that are so spectacular that you will not be able to stop.

8. SurpriseI watched as Pamela Sisson created the cover for my book. She laid in front of him about 100 books. I said, "This looks good", and pointed to the book.

This meant that she would not do the same. "She must be new. It should be unexpected."

Magnus Carlsen won the recent match of world championship chess, making moves that no one expected.

Pope Francis does not live in the Palace in the Vatican. He lives in a Studio apartment down the street. And calling the authors of some letters, which are chosen at random.

Bob Dylan, Andy Warhol, Elon Musk say all the time: what no one did, I can do. Elon Musk, in contrast to NASA and the world governments books, and learned how to build a space ship.

Unexpected is a God of renewal. It is hidden between universes everywhere. It's a secret train that goes to the school of magic Hogwarts.

I want magic in my life.

10. The art of combinationOnline payments + Ebay = PayPal

Personality + social network = Facebook

Melody + rap + Stevie wonder = Gangsta's Paradise culio's

Pop + art = Andy Warhol

Golf + Bhagavad-Gita = "the Legend of Bagger Vance" by Stephen Pressfield

Arch hero + Taoism + space = George Lucas creates Star wars.

Take two things. Take three. Connect them. You are now the best in the world by crossing.

10. Plus, minus, equalsInstructor MMA Frank Shamrock says everyone should have their "plus", "minus" and "equals".

Plus: Your mentor (real or virtual)

Anyway: People that challenge you

Minus: People need to be taught. Because training reinforces your knowledge, and students have their own unique ways to challenge you.

100% lifetime updates that I have researched, "plus", "minus" and "equals" played a role.

11. Daily practiceNo one can change if lying sick in bed when talking to people, which is not good, doesn't train your creative muscles and think about the positive in the almost absolute failure.

I wrote about a daily practice before, but I will add one thing: become 1% better in every aspect of health every day: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.

In sum, it will make you 3800% better every year. It works.

I haven't finished yet. I still updated.

I want to do something new this year. I want to achieve success in business that I haven't even started yet.Update

Update — it's scary and difficult, but wonderful and exciting at the same time.

I wrote a book that 20 years ago I wanted to read.

I wrote it. Today she came out and I finally got a chance to sit down and read it."published 

© James Altucher

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind - together we change the world! ©

Source: ideanomics.ru/articles/8384

Tags

See also

New and interesting