Gossip

Last week, something happened, what we've been waiting for and feared. No, it's not about the failed end of the world, but the final favorite series "Gossip Girl." For six long years, we have followed the ups and downs of the fate of individual representatives of the Manhattan elite, experienced and laughed with them. But as usual, all good things must come to an end, and it is time to properly say goodbye to the heroes of the series, which began in six seasons almost family.

History of

The history of "Gossip Girl" started simple and trite. Producer Josh Schwartz, who had just finished work on the hit series "The OC" and did not want to have to deal with youth TV show, came across a book Cecily von Ziegesar, which tells about the life of the gilded youth. This story came like Schwartz and he realized that he "is not ready to leave the school." Produced quickly together a team and began work on the film. Yes, initially "Gossip Girl" was conceived as a film, the main role of which was to fulfill Lindsay Lohan. Fortunately, Lohan refused to from the project, and the film is gradually turned into a TV series.

The obvious advantage of the series was the presence of intrigue - all very much like to know who is this notorious gossip. At the time of writing (2002), still there was no Internet projects that have been told about the latest rumors and gossip from the world of celebrities, so the idea of ​​gossip as an independent online source, it's a lot to their liking. In addition, the "Gossip Girl" became the first show, which is set in New York and showed a metropolis with a romantic side.

Writer Stephanie Savage series has done a great job to create a script that not only would be interesting, but also reflects the reality of the situation described it. She attended private schools, talked to the children of wealthy parents, and observe the behavior of the rich girls outside the school environment. Thus, she was able to ascertain that all fictions about rampant misconduct and spoiled rich kids New York area is not just a myth but a reality.

Protagonists

Originally conceived as a serial story about Serena as a main character, but gradually became one of the characters get enough screen time to acquire, and their fans, so the producers decided to equally develop each of the storylines. So ...

Serena van der Woodsen - very bad girl and concurrently the first beauty school, which lies in the closet a lot of skeletons. There is no point in listing all the guys Serena, all of which at various times has been the love of her life, the important thing is that in the end it is all those with those with whom it should be. Throughout its 20-year life of the radiant blonde managed mangled pile of firewood (here you and the alleged murder, and drugs, and insane behavior), but very much like Serena and soul in it is not fer that certainly goes against the reality of life.

The screen image is very well embodied Serena Blake Lively. Perhaps Blake is slightly inferior to the book Serene beauty, but the boundless charm and charisma of the actress have been key factors in the choice for the role of Blake S.

Blair Waldorf - the queen of the school, and best friend Serena. Everything in life Blair is perfect ... except the wrong guy, girlfriend, cheat, health problems, divorce of parents, secret love, etc. Despite all the problems in her life, Blair outlines the goal and goes to her, sweeping away everything in its path - such stubbornness can only envy. As is the case with Serena, Blair, love line is very diverse (here you and Prince, and even an old friend from the lower strata), but it pales against the backdrop of sympathy notorious Chuck Bass.

Blair's role in the series performed Leighton Meester. According to most actresses, she could not think that he could play one character for six years, but the role of Blair will remain for her one of the favorites, despite the fact that she and her heroine "completely different people." By the way, for the role of Blair Leighton had to disguise from blonde to brunette.

Chuck Bass. The creators of the series called Chuck "perfect villain", but it applies only to the first few seasons. Chuck grows up and gradually turns from spoiled schoolboy in a handsome man, who, though may sell for your favorite hotel, but it still is the most popular male character in the series.

Ideal Chuck Bass turned out by the British Ed Westwick. Because of his character, Ed is not only famous outside their homeland as a budding young actor and rock musician

In general, the cast of "Gossip Girl" was very successful - every actor perfectly embodies the character on the screen, showing as much as you need to intrigue and interest. For six seasons, a list of the main characters of the series remained the same - besides the already mentioned these characters, it includes "sweet boy" Archebald Nate (Chace Crawford) and a representative of Brooklyn by Dan Humphrey Penn Bedzhli. But Brooklyn girl Jenny Humphrey, played by Taylor Momsen, left the main cast in the middle of the series and only occasionally appeared on the screen, devoting all his spare time musical creativity. Despite this turn of events in her acting career Momsen, she managed to create an on-screen one of the most striking images in the series - from the cute girl who, nevertheless, always knew what and who she wants, baby Jay through arduous efforts and hardships of several seasons into a cynical and arrogant queen of the school.

Jenny in the first season ...

... And in the third

Dan Humphrey

Nate Archibald

The popularity and influence of the series

During the filming of the pilot episode of the series creators could not think that their show is so popular. After the first series "Gossip Girl" all of America if gone mad - about the show newspapers and magazines, fans still guarded once unknown actors at their shooting trailer hoping to get a photo with the star ratings of the TV show went off scale. It was a success!

The tremendous success has been a big surprise not only for the producers of the show, but also for the actors. 20-year-old boys and girls, many of whom had not even been to New York, became the stars of world scale, which started a real hunt - on the part of fans and paparazzi.

Near my trailer it was about a hundred girls. As soon as I came out of the trailer, they began to scream so much that I could not hear his own voice. They shook me postcards with my pictures, hoping to get an autograph, shouting my name. And he somehow liked to touch my hair ... Leighton Meester
It was very unexpected - it was aimed at me dozens of cameras. Yes, I have not seen so many photographers in my entire life, and now they look at me. What have I done ?! Penn Badgley
Once I had a scene with the hero of Chace Crawford in which we were kissing. The shooting took place on the street and crowded around us a lot of spectators, mostly young girls (I suspect that they all came to admire the Chase). At the command of "motor" we began to kiss, and then I heard the screams of the "no!", "Why?", "What for?". All these girls are screaming and screaming - apparently they really wanted to be in my place. I bet that Crawford's very flattering! Blake Lively

But not only the fans' love was proof of the popularity of "Gossip Girl": Barack Obama himself was aware of the existence of the series and the one mentioned it in one of his informal speeches, and New York City Mayor Bloomberg quite officially proclaimed January 26, 2012 - the day when he went 100 minutes episode - day "Gossip Girl", to support the application notorious «XoXo». It goes from the series were opponents - an independent association "Parents against TV»

Gradually, the show became a cult phenomenon, and skeptical critics no longer called him "stupid show about teenagers." In April 2008, the magazine «New York Magazine» posted photos of the main cast, "Gossip Girl" on the cover, calling the series "The best television show ever existed."

Fashion

Fashion was not just part of the show, she was one of the protagonists. Stylist Eric Deymanu managed to create iconic style for each of the characters - characters he expressed through clothing, making their images more realistic. Stylist never waste your time on trifles, putting his players in the creation of the latest collections of famous designers. In the series, there was virtually no clothing and accessories «no name», at least when it came to the style of the main characters - if the bag, then surely Chanel, if the shoes, the Christian Louboutin, if the engagement ring, only from Harry Winston - unique and made to order.

I confess, I was not hard to develop a way for our character - it was only necessary to look at the characteristics of the characters in the script, and all immediately fell into place. Blair style - a style of first lady, elegant and refined, but not without personality. Chuck - is the king of life, daring and dangerous, and the style of his clothes fit - bright colors, catchy parts. Suffice it to recall his famous scarf from the first season, which has evolved into a classic ascot, and then into a butterfly. In creating the image of Serena Blake he helped me a lot, she was able to bring his vision to the style of her character. Eric Deyman

Thanks to the efforts Deymana actors, starred, became the real icons of style. Many of them are involved in advertising campaigns of famous brands, some fashion houses are the muses of ancient history, I'm not talking about that with which they appear in style on the red carpet social events.

Thanks to Serena, I learned to choose the right clothes, choose the accessories, combining colors. I was just crazy about her wardrobe - this is the dream of every girl. For six years, I wrote down all the things you would like to have a special list. By the end of filming, I was going to gather the courage to ask for anything that I liked, for personal use. But the list turned out to be huge! I felt ashamed and I asked just one little thing ... Blake Lively
In the first season, my clothing style was very relaxed - a feeling that I was doing commercials Nautica (a brand that creates clothing for leisure, sports, including sailing. - Voquegirl). But I've always liked the way Chuck wore - green socks, butterfly flowered suspenders. I would also like to dress, it's fun. Chace Crawford
I was the most memorable day of filming "my" wedding. More precisely both my weddings. The first dress was just magical - it specifically for Blair sewed herself Vera Wang! The second wedding was less pompous and therefore less standard dress was appropriate. Blue toilet by Elie Saab with a stunning finish ... Perhaps it is this outfit, I would call the most favorite of the series. Leighton Meester

"Gossip Girl" delight us with their stories as much as 6 years. Goose bumps, smiling from ear to ear, lump in the throat - all this "Gossip Girl." Yes, the show was not ideal for all seasons, but a great and unexpected ending revived the nostalgic memories of those moments when everything just started. And that feeling was warm, light and a little sad.

- So, the end of everything? We all povzrosleem and live your life?
- Yes, no more gossip.

Goodbye, "Gossip Girl"!

Tags

See also

New and interesting