The recipe for success from Richard Branson: Sleep more!

Sir Richard is that we so underestimate.

Technology is developing rapidly — the world is becoming more and more interconnected. This opens up remarkable business opportunities, but affects individuals. To be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with people living on the other side of the planet is a double — edged sword for many. This often leads to burnout.

My friend and companion, Arianna Huffinton cover this topic in his book "Revolution dream". Arianna explains that when we launched the Huffington Post, she, like many people, came from a misconception that the lack of proper sleep is the Foundation of achievement and success. Constant fatigue was normal. Come down to the fact that once she lost consciousness, and it became her alarm. Until she finally realized that sleep is a fundamental human need that we must satisfy.

"Fatigue, like intoxication, robs you of the ability to make the right decisions, but also leads to the fact that you don't realize that you're not in the condition to decide anything. I went through life like a sleepwalker," she writes in her book.

Now that Arianna has changed its relation to sleep and sleep schedule, and also spoke about it in his books Thrive and The Sleep Revolution, it became a kind of guru for proper sleep. Wherever she was, her constantly asking what to do to sleep more.

From Arianna is a useful set of considerations that she is ready to share, including these 12 tips to help improve your sleep.

Sleep revolution: a Manifesto Arianna Huffington

1. Sleep is a fundamental and undeniable human need.

2. Sleep allows us to see the world fresh, updated look.

3. We are what we eat. But even we, as we sleep.

4. Fatigue is a symptom of chaos, not a badge of courage.

5. A good day starts the night before.

6. You need to treat yourself worse than your smartphone to sleep, while not fully recharge.

7. The bedroom should be an oasis: a beautiful, relaxing place where you can escape from the daily demands and claims.

8. We must banish smartphones from the bedroom before sleep.

9. We don't have to drive sleepy.

10. Need nightwear — pajamas, nightgowns, even a special t-shirt. All this sends a signal to the body: it's time to disconnect!

11. Sleep is preferable to employment and routine.

12. Entering the bedroom, we leave the day — and all the problems and unfinished business behind.

I especially like the second tip: no electronic devices before bedtime within 30 minutes. We at the home office of Virgin are considering the idea to disable email for a short time once a week to accustom people to the idea that their health is a priority for them.

We also have a program that helps to develop the habit of healthy sleep. Our employees flexible hours, everyone can work from home, allowing them to better manage their time and lead more healthy and happy lifestyle.

Fortunately, I have no problem sleeping. I sleep like a baby. In my bedroom I don't zashtorivayut Windows, so the sun wakes me up in the morning. I love to jump out of bed. Although my life cannot be called typical, because I travel a lot. Since then, as I started my business, I came to the understanding that sleep quality is more important than its quantity. I try to sleep whenever possible, especially during the flight, because it is very important to sleep when you have a lot of work.

How to write Arianna, if we really want to succeed in life, sleep is the first thing that need to start. Quality sleep is necessary in order not to burn out on the job, but there are other decisions in life that help to prioritize health and happiness. I've noticed that helps me to avoid stress when I keep myself in shape and have fun.

Also interesting: Richard Branson: make Friends with those who are better than you!

Richard Branson — The Secret Of Success

Another effective way to prevent burnout is to add another item to your already growing to-do list. This point — "to be". It is important to be ready for everyday challenges, but it is equally important to enjoy life. In the middle of the Affairs, meetings, answering e-mails take time to be inspired by the beauty of the world, the laughter of a loved one, and just live. The one who had a good day and will sleep well. published

The author of the translation: Elena Chirikova

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: ideanomics.ru/articles/5516

Tags

See also

New and interesting